Thursday, January 12, 2012

All You Need is Love

It has been quite awhile since I have been here!  So much has happened.  On December 30th, after six months of tense waiting and anticipation, my husband recieved a call for a liver transplant.  He is doing amazingly well only after ten days!  We are thankful and humbled by the generosity of a family who saw through their grief and loss to give life to another.  I would love to see someone create a stamp set that honors  "Donating Life" for all those who give and receive this incredible gift!  For those of you who want to learn more about keeping life going, here is a link to Donate Life NY and a 30 second video here.

We are moving slowly back to a new "normal" and with the much needed break from work, I was able to sit at my craft table and play!  I decided to participate in the Color Me Creative Challenge featuring "retro" hot pink and black! Hot, hot, hot!  Actually when my Mom first taught me to knit, my first project was a scarf that was hot pink and black- I thought of that all the while I was creating this card.

The digi stamp I used is Peace and Love Hipster by Saturated Canary.    I colored her with promarkers and copics and used the new RV's for a change!  The promarkers are great for working in very small spaces like her hair- those fine point snap on nibs are great- they can make a line as thin as a strand of hair.  Maybe copic will take a hint!!  I also used various Spica pens on the layers under her pink skirt.  They gave some sparkle and also were easy to get color into those tight spaces!  Paper is Cryrogen Iridescent White by Paper Temptress. Black/White dot DP is DCWV La Creme Stack, Pink Hearts Glitter from my stash and pink and black cardstock from Paper Trey Ink Perfect Match pack.  The sentiment is computer generated and the lovely rose is from two dozen beautiful roses sent to me by my selfless and wonderful sister-in-law! Flowers and lace are from WOC.  My hippie gal got a bit of Glossy Accents and Deco Art Glamour Dust on the garland in her hair.  Thanks again for all the love and support over the past few months!! Glad to be back!

All You Need is Love will be entered in the following challenges:
Color Me Creative Challenge (retro hot pink & black)
Pixie Dust Studio (put your heart into it)
Passion for Promarkers (inspired by a song)
My Time To Craft (hugs and kisses)
The Paper Players (all you need is love)

17 comments:

Patricia St Martin said...

Ann Marie, Your card is just adorable you did a wonderful job coloring your image. I loved the way you colored her hair. Your images is just so cute. Thanks for joining us at Color Me Creative. I love seeing your creations.
Hugs, Patricia

Kim Bell said...

Hi, Ann
I love your card. It is so beautiful!!! Love the coloring, and the layout. Keep it going girl. It is our therapy..

Hugz/Love
Kim

Lesley said...

What a pretty blog you have. I think your colouring is flawless. Thank you for playing with us and sharing your inspiring work.
Lesley
The Paper Players.

oheidia said...

Really a great card! Love the title and the song you've been inspired of. Thanks for joining our challenge at PFP:)

Love the image and you colour so beautiful!

saturated canary said...

wow, sweetie!! Amazing shading! I LOVE this!!

xoxo

Gro said...

OMG. Your card is beautiful. Love the image - of course , and your coloring is fantastic.
Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

Erin said...

What a cutie! Thanks for joining us at Pixie Dust Studio.

Dana said...

Fabulous coloring. Thanks for playing with us at CMC.

Marie Gamber said...

This is stunning. Your coloring is amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at CMC!
Hugs,
Marie

Marie Gamber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brook said...

Wonderful news about your husband. So glad he is doing well. Your card is beautiful. I love your coloring and the flowers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

Michele Spera said...

Ann
I left my comment for this card on the card above hehe, sorry
OK now This card is adorable! I love how you colored her in, Beautiful work! I am so proud of you and your creations! Thank you for joining us at Color Me Creative
I am also so happy to hear your hubby got the Liver he needed and that he is doing well:-) I'm sending you a bunch of hugs
Michele

Aunty Sue said...

Hi i have just spotted this on Passionf or promarkers and had to come and take a closer look your colouring is stunning and the detail is spot on just love this.

LORi said...

Super fabulous card! Love your coloring and those dots!! :o)

Hugs -LORi BOYD

Linda said...

This is simply gorgeous!! Very beautiful work.. Hugs, Linda

Jak Heath said...

Just popped by to say thank you for entering for our DT Call, your cards are stunning

Scrappin Sista said...

cute, cute, cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...