Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Summer Daydream

     Summer... we can think it, can't we?  With the holidays over and the real cold winds of winter all about, one can keep cozy with thoughts of warmer days to come.
     Today I combined ideas from three challenges to create my card!  I was inspired by the Lili of the Valley challenge to use your favorite LOTV stamp, the ICopic challenge to use "unloved colors" and the Sweet Stop Sketch challenge which helped me with my layout. Don't know about you but I still struggle with designing a layout for my cards and I remember one of my teachers (Michele) telling me to use sketches to help. Well, that combined with looking at all the other beautiful cards and projects created by so many of you continue to teach and inspire me.


     This sweet girl is called Summer Daydream.  I have been wanting to play with her for awhile now.  I decided to also use copic colors that I have not used before. I know the challenge calls them "unloved" but I think they are "unused"!
     For this card I used E79,77, 74, 71 and 70.  Now I don't know about you, but the E's I do use often are not playing nice these days. Perhaps I need to change nibs but some of my E's are not going on as smoothly as they once were...still, I enjoyed playing with other colors new to me.  Skin E00, 11. 13 and R20. Hair E50, 53 & 57.  Grass/leaves YG97, 95 & 93. I also used Prismas Tuscan Red & Black. Cardstock is from PTI and Bazill and DP is Prima's Moulin Rouge. I stamped the lined dp with an Inkadinkadoo script stamp and Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink to create more detail in the paper. Curly Wild roses and metal corners are from Wild Orchid Crafts and sentiment is from Pink by Design. I bought a ton of their sentiments- they have over 2500 sentiments- love them!  They feature sets on every theme which makes finding a sentiment for all my stamps so easy!  Spellbinder and MS Punch/Diamond Stickles/gold pearls from stash. Yes, those are gold pearls- they took on the color of the paper in the photo-ugh! One pic at night and one in daylight.


I will be entering the following challenges:
ICopic- Unloved Colors
Make it Monday- Anything Goes
Our Daily Bread Designs- W-I-N-T-E-R  You must use 3 items
that begin with a letter from the word "winter"
Pink Elephant challenge - Favorite Color
Papertake Weekly- Buttons, Bows, Bling & Blooms

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. Have a great day!

23 comments:

Kim Bell said...

Hi-Ann
I just love your card.Girl! I don't think you have a problem with card layouts at all. Keep it going!!!

Hugz
Kim

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge.

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Wow, this is beautiful, your coloring is phenomenal. Hugs:)

Jayne said...

Saw this on MIM, what a gorgeous card! Love Jayne. x x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how darling and beautiful!! I just love your use of dies and your gorgeous coloring of the sweet image!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

Marie Gamber said...

gorgeous card. Just stunning!
Thank yo for joining us at iCopic!
Hugs,
Marie

Tamara Morton said...

Gorgeous creation, thank you for joining us at Anything goes this time. Please join us again for our next challenge We have a surprise in-store..
Hugs
Tamara

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a darling card Ann Marie. Such a sweet image. The coloring is fabulous, and I love the rich colors and beautiful embellishments. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week! :o)

Janice M said...

Oh this is adorable!! LOVE the colors you used and those beautiful flowers you added. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card... the image is perfectly colored!! thanks for playing along with the shining the light challenge!

mforquer said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the colors you chose and the design is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at iCopic Lover!
Hugs,
M

Lionelsa said...

Lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

Sandie said...

What a wonderful card. Such a sweet image and beautifully coloured. The flower arrangements finishes the card off perfectly.

Thanks for joining us for the Color Me Creative Copic challenge and good luck. xx

Tracy V. said...

Beautiful card! Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your E's, I love the E's! The only ones that get muddy looking for me sometimes are the E50's! Don't know why..but they do! Anyways, thanks for playing with us at iCopic Lover!
Hugs,
Tracy Valure

Debs M said...

gorgeous card, beautiful colouring, came over from mim x

~Michelle~ said...

what a cute card...thanks for sharing it with us on the iCopic challenge blog!

I think some papers gum up the nibs...now I just need to figure out which ones!! I feel your pain!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the rich colors! Thanks for playing along with us at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge!

Michele Spera said...

Ann
You did a beautiful job on this card:-) I love the added die cuts on it! Sometimes all it takes is a sketch to give you an idea to take off with:-) I'm proud at how far you've come:-)
Thank you for playing with us at Color Me Creative
Hugs
Michele

Krafty Hugzz Kenzi x said...

I absolutly adore this card, its simply stunning wow..
You colour beautifully and love the whole design of it..
Saw u on MIM, and have become a follower,
luv n hugz
Kenzi xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Spotted you card on MIM and just wanted to say how stunning it is.
Diane xx
p.s pop on over to my blog and check out the 1/2 price stamp sale x

Mary J said...

She is just delightful and your colouring amazing! Thx for joining us at Make It Monday!

Mary J x

~*Joni said...

Ann Marie this is just beautiful! I love all the patterns and embellishments, just perfect with this sweet image. :) I browsed through your amazing blog, your creations are just gorgeous! Just to let you know that if you click on the title of your blog post (in this case, Summer Daydream), this is the URL that challenge blogs would like to see on their links so they don't have to search for the card you entered. (Of course if they browsed through they'd see how talented you are!!) I personally know of a few challenge sites that will delete an entry if it isn't a direct link. But I am SO happy to have found your TPE color challenge entry because it is stunning. What a great color to choose for this card, thank you so much for joining in on our challenge this week at TPE!
~*Joni TPE DT

Pink Cricut said...

So gorgeous! Love these rich colors-and I bet it's even more beautiful in person with those gold pearls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...