Monday, February 13, 2012

I Love You to the Moon and Back

     With Valentine's Day fast approaching, I decided I wanted to make a card that was for the more "mature" crowd of which I am fast becoming a proud member!  I have always loved this image of Tom and Tilly by Mo's Digital Pencil. It spoke to me from the first time I saw it and I knew I wanted to incorporate it into a card design along with the Pink by Design stamp sentiment, "I love you to the moon and back..."  from the "To the Moon" set.  I thought I would create a night scene and add a moon toward which the "soul mates" were gazing.  After many successive attempts- my motto is to try something new and never let it beat you- here is the card I will give to my hubby! 
      I must say that while we have had our challenging moments, we love each other more now than ever. He is my true soul mate!  While the couple in this card may be a tad older than we, the emotion the image conveys mirrors the comfort and friendship we share...

    Now... how well this card matches the card in my mind is another story!



      I was hoping to create a night skyline and I must have tried a zillion times first using the airbrush system and masking but it did not look like I wanted it to look. Either the colors were off or I could not get close enough to the image. It was way difficult to cut a mask for this image that allowed the airbrush to get into the tiny spots.  So after "googling" some tutorials, I ended up using Tim Holtz Distress ink in Chipped Sapphire (really a deep blue and not as purple as you may think) and Faded Jeans with the distress tool. I added some glitter and stickles for stars. In some spots the glitter glue/stickles  faded the distress ink and I thought I told myself those were "clouds" in the night sky- an artistic touch! The moon was cut out using a 1" round punch and then you reinsert the circle and punch another "bite" out of it to the size of the moon.  Deco Art Glamour Dust was sprinkled on the moon.

    Tom and Tilly are colored with copic markers on cryrogen white iridescent paper. Some of the iridescent glitter shows through the markers in the pic.  DP is an oldie but goodie- K & Co Blue Awning and cardstock is from my stash.   I also used Recollections coordinating lace, ribbon and crystals borders (all in one package and on sale at Michaels) and Wild Orchid Crafts metal corners. Bronze gems also from my stash.


 

     Thanks for visiting. Happy Valentines Day to lovers all over- old and young alike!
Challenges:
Mo's Digital Pencil (Gems, Lace, Punch/Die)
Paper Play Challenges (Love letters)
Crafty Calendar (Love, Marriage)
Papertake Weekly (Anything Goes)
Make it Monday (Anything Goes)
Crop Stop Challenge (Wedding, Anniversary)


29 comments:

RosieP said...

Wow, your card is GORGEOUS! And your coloring is FANTASTIC! Thank you so much for sharing how you accomplished your skyline, that's always a challenge for me, and I'll practice now using the method you used.

Vicki said...

What a precious card! Beautiful image and coloring. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

catherine said...

This is a fantastic card and you have done really well with the colours
x catherine

Julie M said...

Wonderful card, Ann Marie - well done for persisting with the starry sky - it's gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Pat said...

Hi Ann Marie! Gosh...this is just gorgeous! I love the rich colors...and the colors you used for Tom & Tilly are just beautiful!! I'm so glad that you've joined us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Ellapu said...

This card is really really stunning x

Lisa Watson said...

Love the sentiment!! FAB coloring and love the bling!! Thanks for playing with us at Cropstop!!

Kim Bell said...

Hi, Ann
This card is just beautiful! The backround reminds me of the Honeymooners. That is so cool!! Awesome card. HomeGirl.

Hugz
Kim

Lisa aka Myran said...

Thank you Marie for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly with this gorgeous card!

Chrissy said...

Such a beautiful romantic card, love your colouring Ann Marie...gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Rene said...

What a sweet, beautiful, loving card!!!! Fabulous image...GORGEOUS coloring! Just lovely! Thank you so much for linking up at Make it Monday! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
Rene :D

Donna Heber said...

Hi Anne Marie,

The card you created for your husband is stunning! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the sentiment. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Elaine L. said...

This is just beautiful! I love your coloring and that gorgeous night sky you created! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

loriete said...

Fabulous! Very cute and beautiful! Thanks for sharing it at WOC!

Hugs,
Loreta

Jayne said...

What a wonderful card, love the design and your colouring is amazing! Love Jayne. x x

Carina said...

naaaww how cosy! Hope I'll sit like that with my man when I'm that old!


Carina
CT at Cropstop

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. I saw it on MIM. Very nice work, great colors and love the embellishments and you can't go wrong with Mo Manning images. They are so beautiful and you did a good job making them come to life.

Billie - stampinwithinkonmyfingers.blogspot.com

Jo said...

This is a beautiful card, amazing colouring. I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck. Jo x

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the details also. Hugs Michele x

1CardCreator said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Saw you at Make it Monday. ~Diane (I am #23)

~Michelle~ said...

Genius to use that sentiment with that image! Thanks for sharing your work of heart with us on the CropStop challenge! :)

Pink Cricut said...

So beautiful! I love the tip on the moon-and the glitter on the moon too! :) You did a fab job creating a night skyline!

Tracy said...

This looks amazing! You put so much work in to that background and boy did it pay off! Saw this at MIM and popped over for a closeup. Sure glad I did! Love it!

Debra said...

This is Incredibly stunning! I have never thought to use a night sky! Thank you for the inspiration I also pinned you on Pinterest :)

Karen said...

congratulations on making my pick of the week this week from MIM - hugs to you honey.
Krafty Karen.xx

Moments by Marla said...

I just saw your card over on Krafty Karen's blog and just had to see how you were able to make this masterpiece. Just being able to get the colors so intense - but being able to see the many different shades you were able to achieve is amazing. Just stunning. Wishing you many more years with the love of your life. I am very lucky to have found mine also.

Squirrel x said...

Hunny, this is awesome! I used this image for my parents anniversary and it didn't look anywhere near as good as this. Love the night sky. Thanks for signing up to follow the Without Words challenge - hope to see some more of your stunning colourwork when the challenges begin in September. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Cynthia said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Ann Marie! Fabulous coloring and design.

Linda said...

This was my fave image too. I love what you have done with this. All those gems are beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...