Friday, March 16, 2012

Here Comes the Bride

     Happy Weekend!  Don't you just love Fridays?  For me, it is the end of a long work week that starts each day at 5am!  Ugh! I am not a morning person, but knowing I can sleep in tomorrow morning makes me giddy! I can't complain- I love my job, love my students...speaking of "love", today I am sharing a card I made with yet another beautiful digi  from Saturated Canary called "Here Comes the Bride".  Isn't she just the sweetest bride?  I just love Krista's images.

      Now, I must say that while I so enjoy coloring these images, coloring her hair is not for the faint of heart! While it took me many tries, (with emphasis on the many) it was so worth the effort! I learned a lot and each image gives me an opportunity to practice something new or something I want to master. Two of Suzanne Dean's online copic class directions echoed in my head: first, treat each section of hair separately and, second,  touch the marker to the paper as if you are passing a feather over a baby's skin.  When you get to the tiny strands of her hair, you learn just how lightly you can touch the paper and still blend!

      
     The bride on this 6 x 6 inch card is colored with copics, W00, 1 &2  and E 42, 41 & 40 for her dress. I used a lot of E's for her hair- E99, 97, 08, 09, 19, 18, 13 and YR 21, Skin E00, 21, 11 &13. Her bouquet and the flower on her "fanny wrap" are shaded with R59 and then filled in with Spica pens in two red shades.  I used the BV01 & 04 to dot in between the roses to color the filler flowers.  The leaves are YG25 and then colored with Spicas. Her dress in coated with my newest fav product, Smooch Glitz Frost.  It goes on like nail polish but dries super quick and leaves a clear coating of beautiful glitter. I did add a bit of Deco Art Glamour Dust too in her hair and on her dress.


     Flowers and metal corner are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I loved seeing so many of you emboss the  metal corners with white opaque embossing powder so I tried it and love it. While I love these corners in silver and gold, being able to emboss them gives so many color options. I also coated the cooled metal with Smooch Glitz Frost.  Remember to let the metal cool before handing!  DP is Kaisercraft English Rose Garden, cardstock DCWV paper pad-Earthtones. Ribbon, lace and swarovski crystals from my stash.  Inside sentiment from Kaisercraft Rub ons.
     As always, thank you for your kind comments!  Have a great weekend!  I will be entering the following challenges:


36 comments:

SuzanneK said...

Absolutely stunning card, such a shame it is not eligible for a prize. At LIIU digi images are absolutely not permitted. Sorry thems the rules. Would love to see another project with a stamped image. Hugz Suzanne

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is very pretty!

Chrissy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Ann, love your colouring very much, her dress is so beautiful with the light sparkle, very pretty.beautiful card...

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Basslady said...

this is such a work of art!

stunning colouring! wow!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

* Shaz * said...

Gorgeous card!

thank you for joining in the fun with us at Ruby's Rainbow for our "Lace " challenge

Hope you will join us again soon

Hugs Shaz x

Tammy said...

Beautiful! Love the touch of sparkle!

Shirley-anne said...

OH MY ! Amazing colouring of this beautiful image ..from head to toe .The embellishing of your creation is totally awesome .
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Bettina said...

hi there!
this card is so beautiful and i love your coloring! have a wonderful saturday!
hugs!

applejack cards by sue said...

Really beautiful. Lovely image, gorgeous colouring and flowers.

Kim Bell said...

Ann
Your card is just stunning! It is beautiful!!! Love all of details.

Hugz
Kim

Mau xx said...

This is Stunning Ann, beautiful colouring of the image, her hair is lovely xx
THank you fot taking part in MAWTT this week, good luck with all your challenges.
Hugs Mau xx

-x-Nat-x- said...

Oh My Gosh! This is just the most stunning card! Beautiful image and just love those flowers! Came over from MIM
Nat -x-

Pami said...

Gorgeous card Ann Marie, I love the sparkle on her dress. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck and hope to see you again soon. Pami x

GingerNY said...

Beautiful Card. Lovely bride

Frances said...

Wonderful creation! Love your design and your beautiful coloring. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Play Challenges this week! Hope you’ll join us again soon for some more challenge fun, Hugs,
Frances

Jacki Randolph said...

Absolutely gorgeous - love the touch of sparkle. Thank you so much for joining us at Love to Create this week :-)

Lori said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! This card is gorgeous! Your coloring is phenomenal - you totally brought her to life! Thanks for joining us at Totally Stampalicious this week!

Crafty and Green said...

Stunning Stunning Stunning!! What a beautiful Card! Your colors is fantastic & I love the Bride's Hair color! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!

Many Blessings,
Tina

StephC said...

Wow, this is stunning. I love the image, and all of the details. Thanks for sharing with us at FYI!

Vicki Dutcher said...

OH MY! This is beautiful -- gosh I wish I had your coloring talent! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

lalkygirl said...

stunning card,wonderful colouring and i love the sparkle in her hair
thanks for joining us at the digi doodle shop challenge and good luck
tracey x

Pat K said...

Gorgeous Card...love the sparkles and your beautiful colouring. Took a walk around your blog and had to become a member. Hugs, Pat

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, Ah this is super what a great card, I adore the way you have coloured her hair its amazing, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxox

WeirdCat said...

This is gorgeous, love all those flowers, thank you for joining us at The Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
Ruth x

Michelle said...

Oh, Ann Marie, your colouring is beautiful! Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at FYI!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Oh she is just Lovely!!! No wonder your a Designer... You difently have the touch!!!
I enjoyed my visit to your blog so much I just became a follower..
Stop by my place too and maybe you will follow me too!

Debby said...

Beautiful image and lovely dimension. Thanks for joining us at FYI.

Elaine said...

What a stunner wow great work hugs Elaine

Lisa said...

OMGosh Anne Marie! I just love Krista's images and you really did an awesome job with this one! I absolutely love this! Gorgeous!
Big Hugs!

Ang C said...

A stunning card

Thankyou for joining us at RRC - hope to see you again soon

Ang

Chrissy D said...

Very pretty! Love your floral spray! Thank you for stopping by my blog! Have a wonderful weekend!

laney said...

super card! Thanks for joining us at 'That Craft Place' this time, hope to see you next time too, so nice of you to give us your support
hugs
laney

Dana said...

Stunning card!!! Love all the flowers and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for playing with us at CMC.

Marjorie said...

Wow! This is just beautiful hun, Love how you have coloured her dress, I always get in such a mess with glitter, I just might give this Smooch Glitz a try!
Beautiful papers and card too!!...stunning!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Ruby said...

She's a stunning image, as is your colouring. Just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at Color Me Creative!

Rochelle said...

Beautiful coloring! Just stunning! Thanks for playing with us at FYI!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...