Sunday, April 22, 2012

You Give Me Wings- Stamptacular Sundays Challenge

     Welcome to this week's challenge at Stamptacular Sundays!  Our challenge, which begins today, is... “Loaded with LAYERS!”
     You will have from now until midnight (EST) April 28th, 2012 to complete this challenge and post a DIRECT LINK to your submission into our InLinkz in order to be entered into the drawing for this week's fabulous prizes donated by:

AND 
KAREN'S DOODLES (Three free digis)

     For my entry, I used "Butterfly Girl" digi image by Karen's Doodles. She was so much fun to color and I can see from my dt mates, that I was not the only one smitten with her!
     "Butterfly Girl" was printed (laser printer) on White Cryrogen paper and colored with copics. I sort of mixed the E's 40's and 80 & 81 to get a real khaki (brownish green) color.  The flowers are colored with spica pens. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and white corner embellishment, to which I added some Glitter Snowtex, is from Prima. The sentiment is from a Kraftin Kimme stamps set. Swarovski crystals, butterfly rhinestone and green pearls from my stash.
      The design paper is Prima's "Sweet Fairy" and First Edition "Daydream".  Cardstock is Bazzill and DCWV.  By the way, I fell in love with some new cardstock for cards with lots of layers. It really holds up to the weight of the layers but scores beautifully.  Best of all, it comes in 12 x 12. I used it here. It comes from Cut Cardstock I purchased Crystal (white) and Opal (off white).  There are other colors and all of them are mica-coated and have a nice pearlescent finish.  At 105 cover weight (285 gsm), this cardstock is sturdy enough to hold layers/flowers but also fold effortlessly- without cracks and tears. I will be purchasing more of this cardstock!!!   Best of all, I received it in a couple of days with samples of other papers!
       I also want to give credit to Mindy Baxter's Copic Class #3 who taught me how to color water and grass. If you know Mindy's cards, the backgrounds are always beautifully done. While it may not be too visible here, it was effortless to achieve the water and grass colors using her color recommendations and techniques.  
           We would love for you to participate this week.  To do so,  you need to create a card that has 3 or more layers! Oh…and don’t forget to stamp! After all, we don’t call this STAMPtacular for nothing!   Have a great day.  If you want this little girl, she is available in my ETSY shop!  Thanks for your kind comments.

8 comments:

Frances said...

Wonderful creation, love that image! Glad to be on the team with you too!
hugs, Frances.

Elise said...

Oh wow, beautiful card have you created!! I love the colors and image!! Nice flowers too!
Greetings Elise (SSC)

Heleen said...

Wow what a beautiful card! You collored it so well. Thanks for being my new follower, I also became your newest follower.
Hugs,
Heleen

Winnie said...

A lovely card love the image and you have colored it so well, thanks for your nice comment on my card its much appresiated, i am now your newest follower, glad to be on the team with you
Hugs Winnie

julieprice3 said...

Just beautiful, love the colours and design
Hugs Julie P

Tracy said...

Your coloring is always amazing Anne Marie. :-) Thanks for the link to Mindy's class. I'm always up for learning. :-) Hugs!

Bea und Doreen said...

gorgeous card Ann Marie. The image is great and the coloring amazing
HUgs
Doreen xx

Kim Bell said...

I just love it! You know how much I love butterflies. Awesome.

Hugz
Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...