Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pursue Happiness

     Happy Mother's Day!  My day will be extra special as my son is returning home from college and will get to spend it with me and the rest of my family at a party today.  Today also begins another challenge at
   This week's challenge is so much fun...we can't wait to see what you create. Our theme this week is...
     For this weeks challenge you will create a card or project that has at least one butterfly somewhere on it! We MUST be able to see the butterfly…it can not be hidden! Oh…and don’t forget to stamp! After all, we don’t call this STAMPtacular for nothing!
      You will have from now until midnight (EST) May 19th, 2012 to complete this challenge and post a DIRECT LINK to your submission into our InLinkz in order to be entered into the drawing for this week's fabulous prize donated by Anita, one of our DT members!
       For my card, I selected an Inkadinkadoo rubber stamp, "Butterfly".  It is an older wood-mounted stamp that I haven't used in a while, but I love the delicate flourishes on it.
     My butterfly is colored with copics.  I got some hints on coloring butterflies from a great tutorial here.  After reading the tutorial and seeing the beautiful butterfly creations, I played with my own butterfly- I kinda like it!  I am thinking next time to emboss in gold and try some distress markers on it!   The card base is from CutCardstock. The DP is 7 Gypsies - Gypsy Market.   Colored cardstock from Bazzill and PTI.  I really wish you could see this ribbon in person. I bought it at one of Diana Kovac's classes and it is spectacular.
   
     I embellished my card with a Recollections metal pearl flourish, WOC/Recollections flowers and swarovksi crystals.  I also die cut some MS punch butterflies, stamped script on them with Gold Delicato Inkpad and then glued on my card.  The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions.
     Hope you can join us this week at Stamptacular Sundays and share one of your butterfly creations!  Thanks always for your kind comments!
Challenges:

4 comments:

Laine said...

What a wonderful creation Ann Marie. I love it all.
Thank for the useful tutorial Link.
Hugs
Laine

Carol said...

Stunning card, I love the colours, image and everything about it :) Thanks for joining us at the Glitter Geeks this week, Carol :) xx

Paula said...

Amazing, i love it! Gorgeous colours, it really looks stunning! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

Frances said...

Very pretty card, love the color combo and very nice details. hugs, Frances.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...