Monday, May 28, 2012

Simply Summer


    I would first like to acknowledge the significance of this day, Memorial Day.  It is a day to honor those Americans who gave all in defense of our country; the fallen, the families left behind, the wounded and those currently serving. For all of them and to their families, I say "thank you" and may all who still serve return home safely and soon.
     
                                                                       ********
      For my card, I chose "Blue Pearl" by Joanne Schempp for Sweet Pea Stamps. I just love this image. I know I am forever coloring mermaids, but I could not resist this beauty. I love how she is stringing her pearls and the bling all around her!

           I colored her with copics and just a few Prisma color pencils (see "recipe" for specific colors below).  I colored the background with Tea Dye distress ink.  The paper comes from a 12x12 paper pad by K & Company called Traveler by Tim Coffey. It is simply gorgeous. It features great ocean themed paper and is actually a good choice for a masculine card as well.   I had a cut out Spellbinder Classic Frame (made from sand colored glitter paper) that I saved. I wanted to use it but it was too small so I cut the frame in half to place behind my image which ended up looking better than on top.  (I don't think the frame die is available anymore :(  How odd that the shape of the frame mirrors the shape of her crown... cool! I added Recollections Bling on a Roll-Rhinestone and Pearls on the top and bottom of the frame. I love this embellishment. It comes on a roll (in several colors) and you can cut apart and use in all sorts of ways. I also cut three irregular shaped pieces from the roll and placed it in all three corners.  Flowers and metal embellishment are from WOC.  "Fern" die is made with a Punch Bunch punch that I cut out with dark green cardstock and then sponged with Tsukineko gold Delacato ink.  Gold netting from Funkie Junkie.  Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Cream and Glamour Dust.  (Warning: I sprinkled Glamour Dust on the Viva Decor "pearls" as soon as I applied the pearl pen, and the glitter made the "pearls" go splat in some places. Soo... note to self... let the Viva decor Pearls DRY first, then tap with glue pen and add glitter.)


Color used:
Skin E12. 11, 00, 000 and R20
Hair: E19, 15 and YR 20
Fins and top: B0000, 00, B12, and B21
Fauna: YG25, 21, 03 and G24
Crown: Y26, 11 and 00
Prismacolor Pencils: Indigo Blue, Copenhagen Blue, Process Red and Pink
   
Challenges:

33 comments:

angelwhispers said...

My word she is just fabulous and such beautiful colouring so perfect with all the lush detail! Chanelle xx

Jenny said...

Such a Beauty Ann Marie. I do love your colouring, and the layout is lush. Jenny x

Lynn said...

Wow! Your coloring is amazing!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Laine said...

Ann Marie

Your card and your Artwork have taken my breath away. This is exquisite in every way.

Hugs

Laine

Lisa said...

I like seeing her stringing the pearls too! Fun image Marie and the funky gold netting is a great touch. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Carla S. said...

Stunning card, Ann Marie! I love the colors and embellishments and gorgeous image! Awesome coloring, as always!

Chana said...

In a word, Stunning! I love the effect of that frame. I will search high and low until I find someone who is selling that classic frame!(LOL) Great job! I saw this wonderful project at MIM!
Hugz,
Chana, DT Coordinator
Jackson's Digital Expressions

Chrissy said...

Simply stunning Anne Marie...gorgeous colouring, love the image and all the beautiful details..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karina said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card you made. Love what you made with this beautiful image, you chose such wonderful colours for her. And all the embellishments are just perfect.
Hugs, Karina

Peggie said...

What a gorgeous background for this lovely stamp. Beautifully colored. Love all the pearly bling.

Teresa said...

Another superb card Ann Marie, the colours are electrifying, I just love it and all those pearls wow! You are a very talented lady. Hugs Teresa xx

Kim Kutie said...

Wow! That's all I can say. This is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Doodle.

Rene said...

WOW! She is absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for linking up with MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM!
Good luck,
Rene ;D

Marie said...

Such fantastic card! It's stunning! Love everything about it. Your colouring is to die for. Have said that before have I not? :) Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week. Good luck with the challenge!
Love n hugs
Marie (filling in for Shirley)

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your card is uber beautiful. I am in awe of your coloring and gazed at your card for a LONG time trying to take in all the details. I am a new follower! I saw your card at MIM!

Wendi said...

Wow what a gorgeous card your image and embellishments are beautiful as is your colouring
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Skye said...

This is a gorgeous card. Lovely colouring, what a beautiful blue . Great layout. I saw your card on MIM

bren said...

just wanted to say the card you made is just stunning welldone :) x love bren manning

Vicki Dutcher said...

Stunning card - great coloring! Thanks for joining in with JUGS this week!

loulou said...

Ann Marie the colouring on image is so gorgeous it is just luminous. Cheers Linda

Loz said...

Fantastic card and colours.. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Faye's Paper Passion said...

Hello. I saw this Stunning card on MIM. Faye

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Stunning card, awesome colouring.

I saw your link on MIM. I'm #138 & 153 this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Sandy said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Love the image and fab colouring . The mesh behind is a wonderful addition to all the great embellies.
I saw this wonderful card over at MIM
I've just joined as a follower too.
Sandy

Donna said...

Stunning card and such an elegant design! Thanks for joining in our Royalty challenge at Cupcake this week...good luck :) Donna ♥ x

having a {me} day said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. Keeley

Ellis said...

Gorgeous card you've made and great details! =)
Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries!
Hugs, Elenor DT

Chris / CS Designs said...

Ann Marie, Absolutely beautiful. Your coloring is superb and all that bling really makes this a magical piece. Thank you for sharing this with us on Art With No Boundaries.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Tammy Roberts said...

Fabulous Card Ann Marie! I love all the bling... thanks for sharing it with us in The Shabby Tea Room this week!

CaroleAnn said...

WOW!! Just love this image and how you colored her - very magical with all the blings etc. Beautiful job! I found you over at ADFD challenge and love your blog - so I joined;) Hugs

Elaine said...

This card is just amazing what beautiful colours and fabulous work well done hugs Elaine

Jane said...

Wow your card is lovely thankyou for sharing it with us at Delicious Doodles
Luv Jane xxx

Daniele said...

what a stunner loving all that bling so glad you joined us at OLL
hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...