Saturday, June 23, 2012

Oh I Love America! - My Sheri Crafts Challenge

     Summer certainly feels like it has arrived big time here in the East!  It has been hot, hot, hot....and that means fun in the sun!  Can't believe that July 4th barbecues are just around the corner! It's time to celebrate Independence Day here in the USA, so let's see your Red, White and Blue!!  As this week's Guest Designer for My Sheri Crafts Challenge, I was asked to create a project for this week's theme -" I LOVE AMERICA!"
      For my card, I chose "Liberty Tilda" and colored her with copics. This was the first time I used the T's (T8,6,4,2,0) and I am not too comfortable with them yet. Once again, I dyed white cheese cloth red, and blue (hey the white was already there lol!) but instead of using sprays, I dyed the cloth with Tim Holtz Distress Stains in Faded Jeans and Fired Brick.. easy peasy and dries fast!! The dp is Bo Bunny Liberty 6x6 inch pad.  The stars were cut out/punched out using another sheet from the stack. Magnolia Doohickey die, Recollections Bling on a Roll and Deco Art Glamour Dust on everything... including my lady Liberty!


     I masked Tilda and stamped the Pledge of Allegiance (Stampabilities wood mounted stamp I found on Ebay) behind her in Antique Linen ink.  The sentiment is from some great stamp sets by Taylored Expressions called Fourth of July A La Carte stamps.  Banner die from Spellbinders inked with Faded Jeans distress ink.

     Why don't you see how My Sheri Crafts Design Team interpreted the I Love America theme here, then get out your red, white and blues and create a project that shows your patriotism! We look forward to seeing what you have created.  Have a great day and thank you for your kind comments!

27 comments:

Glenda said...

Congrats on being guest designer at My Sheri Crafts! Beautiful card! Love your beautiful image and the pretty papers! So many pretty details!
Thanks for sharing your talent with us!
Glenda

Charlotte said...

Oh how adorable Lady Liberty Tilda is here. Congratulations on being the guest designer this week at My Sheri Crafts. Your card is just spectacular! All of the details and bling are wonderful.

Charlotte

Kjersti said...

A lovely card and Lady Liberty Tilda is so beautiful colored. Congrats on being GD at My Sheri Crafts!
Have a nice Sunday!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Sandy Palmer said...

Wow, so many fun, beautiful details to look at, and your Liberty Tilda is wonderful! Glad you joined us as GD on My Sheri Crafts!!! :)
Hugs,
Sandy.

Kerry said...

Stunning card. Love the image & colours. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Kerry

Samantha said...

WOW LOVE all the gems and sparkles, fabulous card and thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this week! and for extra chances of winning Visit other challengers that have left Top Tips and leave them a comment and add (TTC) in your comment, hugs Samantha TTT :0)

Marge said...

Congratulations on your GDT spot this week @ My Sheri Crafts! WOW -- Liberty Tilda is ADORABLE and you've done a FABULOUS job helping her celebrate her patriotism. LOVE all your sparkly bling, stars and glamour dust! I'm realizing after seeing your fabulously-colored cheese cloth that I could have used that for my card too. Guess it'll have to wait 'til Halloween now!

Tonya said...

Your card is beautiful. The coloring is wonderful. Thank you for joining us for the Inky Impressions' challenge this week. Good luck! ~ Tonya DT

jonim52 said...

What an adorable image and cute cute card. thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

jonim52 said...

What an adorable image and cute cute card.Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

Lisa M said...

Such a fabulous card. Your details are tops and I love how you've colored your patriotic Tilda up. Beautiful work here. ;)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
Have a great one!
Lisa xx

Angie said...

Fab card thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

Sue said...

Ann Marie, what a wonderful card. I just love your mix of texture on the card. As others have said before me lots to look at. TFS

Sue

Caroljenks said...

What a gorgeous card - love your colouring ...your T's look fab to me ;)

Thanks for joining in with us over at Top Tip Tuesday - remember you can enter 3 projects AND 3 Top Tips (such as dying your cheesecloth with TH Distress Stains!!!!!!!)

Carol x

Marjorie said...

Gorgeous card hun..love all the tiny gems and such lovely colours..
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Nannieflash said...

Oh Astrid that is just stunning, I love how youve coloured Tilda and the whole layout is just gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxx

Kim Bell said...

Ann
Just stunning! OMW! Love it girl! Your coloring is amazing! Now I have to try the T's

Hugz
Kim

~ginny said...

I liked your tutorial on the cheesecloth... thank you for that and the sample in your current card - lovely!
I am a Top Tip Collector (TTC) from TTT. ~ginny

Paper Panda said...

Great card, thanks for joining in the Kraftyhands challenge
Mandy

Jackie said...

What a stunning creation! I just love your coloring and use of embellishments! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Inky Impressions Challenge! Be sure to check out our current DT Call and Challenge too!

Jackie, Inky Impressions DT

Sonia said...

Wow! I love this Tilda (i needed).. You created amazing creation, love it. Great JOB!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous card Anee Marie. Your colouring of Liberty Tilda is fab and love the bling. We, here in England have been Red, White and Blue for the past few weeks because of our Queens Diamond Jubilee and London hosting the Olympic Games.Quite apt your card as we have had the Olympic torch through my home town today.
Love Sharon. x

Sarah said...

You card is great! Thanks for being a guest designer on My Sheri Crafts!

Caroline said...

Hi Ann Marie gorgeous card love the image which is coloured perfectly and your layout is superb. Hugs Caroline xxx

Laney said...

Super card!!, Thanks for joining us at Kraftyhands this time hope to see you again soon
hugs
laney

HandmadebyTLC said...

Ann Marie, this is a gorgeous project, the Top Tip Tuesday challenge blog is delighted you could share! Thank you and come back to join us again. Lovely,
Tammy Louise

P.G. Lamb said...

Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the creative way you dyed the cheesecloth to add textured layers to the card. Thanks for sharing your lovely work as guest designer at My Sheri Crafts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...