Friday, July 20, 2012

London 2012 - It's Time for the Olympics



     We just love sports in our house! No matter what season, there is a team we follow no matter what! Now, the 2012 Summer Olympic Games, also known informally as "London 2012", will begin on July 27th and go until August 12th.  Well, The Outlawz are showing their excitement about the upcoming Games of the XXX Olympiad (as they are officially called) by hosting an Olympics or Sports theme for this week's Copic/Promarker Challenge!
      You will have from now until July 26th to enter our challenge, and don't forget to also enter into the Monthly Inklinz (one entry per week) to be eligible to win a prize. Our sponsor for the month of July's Copic/Promarker Challenge is:
    One random winner will win THREE DIGIS from the Dilly Beans on-line store.  Be sure to check out Megan's new blog here.
      For my image, I selected Kenny K's digi "Runner".  I colored him with copics and a touch of Tuscan Red prismacolor pencil. I embellished the "flame" and his torch with Stickles, Glossy Accents and a bit of Martha Stewart's Tinsel Glitter. I also added some Glossy Accents on those gold cuffs that accent his muscles!  This runner definitely has his own "bling" going on so I did not need to add any!
     The dp is "Liberty" by Bo Bunny and "Glory" by Authentique. I die cut stars from Quickutz Star Dies, cardstock and scraps of design paper.  The sentiment is computer generated and the British flag is a 3D embellishment that I thought fit this theme.
    We hope we have inspired you to get into the Olympics spirit!  Remember, your project can be connected to any sport or to the Olympics! Let's see what you create!  Check out what the rest of the Design Team has created here.  Go USA!  Have a great day and thanks, always, for your kind comments!
Challenges:


21 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

An absolutely brilliant card, I like everything about it! thanks for joining in with us at Dudetime Doodles this week, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

I must say what a great card

jacqui x

Anne Temple said...

Amazing coloring on this fantastic card. Love everything about it! So glad you joined us for the Anything Goes (for a dude) challenge at Dude Time Doodles this week.

Dawn said...

Fantastic card, fun image & fab colouring!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Dude Time Doodles for our Anything Goes Challenge this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Suzie's Card Den said...

Lovely card Ann Marie, great colours and layout.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Sarah said...

Hi Ann Marie, what a fabulous card! Wonderful image, perfectly coloured and love your papers!

We live about 2hrs away from London and, as part of the Olympic Torch travelling around the country, got to see the Torch a couple weeks ago. Very inspiring!!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Alyce said...

This is awesome Ann Marie! Your colouring rocks and the layout is awesome. Great card! :)

Tammy said...

Your coloring talents always knocks my socks off! Fantastic card! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

Penny said...

Ann Marie, this image is a riot, and you certainly did him justice! Love the coloring and bling! And the design of your card is very cool! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Lisa M said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, wonderful! The coloring is spot on and the layout shows amazing excitement and support for the olympics! I love what you've created here. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!

Carla S. said...

Fabulous card, Ann Marie! Love the papers and details! Your coloring is fantastic!

Jo said...

Beautiful Ann Marie. I love how you did the flame.

Andy Llewelyn-Brinsley said...

Wow Anne Marie, what a simply stunning card, I have been looking at the fire from historch for the last five minutes and I am in awe! It's literally awesome. How you managed to make it look to alive and kinetic is amazing, the whole card has an energy to it that is simply buzzing. You colouring really drew my eye to study the image too. I love how you have used you pencils to add real depth to your colouring which was already brilliant to start with, this card is a real winner for me and a total favourite of the week's challenge at Kenny K's Krafty Krew. I raise my hat to you and wish you good luck and really hope that we will see you again for the next challenge and many more after that. Really well done.
Andy
xx

Bettina L. said...

Oh wow I absolutely love your colouring on this card and such an awsome design with those stars and papers too. Saw you on MIM and had to come in for a closer look. Glad I did. TFS. hugs Bettina xx

tiggertastic said...

this is amazing and outstanding !

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

Designing for:

Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to come visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #89, #90, #91, #151, #154, #155, #173, #254, #255 and #282.
I would love to have you visit my blog!
Hugs,
Julia

Sharon said...

Wow this is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles!

Kim Bell said...

Wow!!
Just stunning! Go girl. He just caught my eye! His name should be Mr.Sexy!!!! Your coloring is amazing!!!

Hugz
Kim

DesignerDiva said...

A beautiful creation, thanks for joining in with Diva's 'Anything Goes' challenge this week and I hope you will join us again soon
Hugs Laurie xx

Zoe Sanderson said...

Hi! Just catchin' up with some Tanda commenting, sorry to be so behind. Very sporty card thank you for joining us at Tanda XOXO Zoe

sue law said...

Hi, Great card....can't say I'm routing for the USA though...GB Team me!

Thanks for joining us at the Tanda Teaser this time!

Suex

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...