Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Paper Shelter - Anything Goes Challenge



     Happy Wednesday! I know I have been missing in action for the past two weeks- I needed to call a bit of a "time out" for myself!   As some of you may know, the summer was a bit stressful as I learned in June that my teaching position would end as it was affected by budget cuts....  it was a change I was not anticipating.  Interviews pulled me away from my normal schedule and challenge deadlines were more and more difficult to meet so I decided to regroup...In the end, I am happy to say it all worked out.
     First, my school district hired me back in a different capacity, but I am still working with my students and so I am very lucky and happy that has been settled.  Next, I needed  spend some time on the weekends OUT of the craft room, as much as I love it, and with my family.  It felt wonderful to do that!  In that space, I realized I wanted to direct my energy at this time in two directions.  First, I want to move forward in my creative expression and my see if I can take my skills to the next level- whatever that is- and that meant while I could continue with my bi-monthly challenges,  I needed to put some of my weekly design team commitments on hold to focus on being a student again and learning from the many talented artists and bloggers whose posts, projects and tutorials I have not had the chance to explore.  I want to spend time working with the new online videos that I know will take me to the next level- and I know I want to focus my energy on creating projects that will accomplish my goals.  Next, and I am excited to share that I decided to begin teaching Copic classes locally.  I taught my first two classes on Sunday, and I absolutely love it!  I am hoping to keep it going- I met such wonderful ladies who share this crazy passion with me and we had a blast!  I found myself thinking about how sometimes when one door closes, another opens often where we never anticipated one might be. I will continue to post new projects here each week... I have a ton of new stamps that I can't wait to play with and color up and share with you...
    I will begin today with another challenge at  The Paper Shelter. This week's challenge is Anything Goes! For your project, you can select your own theme, and have fun creating whatever your heart desires!
     The Paper Shelter offers such awesome prizes to challenge winners - this week Veronica and Pedro are offering you a prize of $30 Gift Certificate to spend on their website, as long as you have used one of  The Paper Shelter images on your project, but even if you use another image, you can win 3 digi images of your choice! You will have from now until Tuesday, October 3rd to complete this challenge, upload your project,  and post a direct link to the challenge on your blog!

   For this week's challenge, I selected another fabulous image that, once again, comes "already colored"- she is called "Miss Halloween."  As I did with my last Halloween card for The Paper Shelter, I printed her out on Craftworks digi paper and then embellished her with glitter and matted her with Bazill cardstock in those great Halloween colors!
       I did add some "copics" (BG's and V's) to her hat and dress to accentuate some shading and intensify some folds. I grounded and surrounded the image with blue and black Pebbles Jewel Tones iridescent chalks.  The design paper is from DCWV (Tim Coffey).  I added Stickles (Diamond) to parts of her hat, dress, shoes, and even her broom!
     "Miss Halloween" screams "attitude" so I was thrilled to use this sentiment stamp from K Andrews Designs Sentiment Stamps- "Positive Thoughts" Set.  Last, I embellished the card with some roses from WOC and Recollections, Silver Sparkle Ribbon, flourishes and Spider from my stash.
Miss Halloween - Click Image to Close
      As you know, The Paper Shelter images come in so many formats for you to color, merge or just embellish...won't you hop over to The Paper Shelter blog to see what the Design Team  has created to inspire you?  Then, create something wonderful and play along with us.  Thanks always for your kind comments.  Have a great day!

9 comments:

Chris x said...

I am so glad things are working out for you now. As one door shuts another usually opens as you have foumd. Sometimes this is meant to be. All part of Gods plan that only He can know.
Your card is lovely as always.
Hugs
Chris x

Nannieflash said...

Oh Ann Marie, Im so glad you decided to stay with us we value you and your work so much. Im sorry to hear about your teaching job but as you say one door closes so another opens, I hope the copic classes do well, we could do with you around here as we dont have anything like that where I live.
A stunning card, and I do love this little character and youve done a brilliant job with her. hugs Shirleyxx

Penny said...

Goodness, Ann Marie, I guess I was in the dark about your employment situation. But I am glad that everything seems to be working out for you! :^)
And I wish you every success with whatever you do creatively--you are already very accomplished, you know!
Case in point: This card is just awesome. Love what you did with the image, love the design, the papers you used, and your embellies! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Great card love your image and papers

jacqui x

Rina said...

Honestly Ann Marie... your coloring and shading on this are the BOMB... I HAD to comment!

Rina

DottyA Cards & Things said...

What a perfect little witch with Attitude!!! and your coloring is just perfect too!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Ann Marie this is totally delicious, the image, colours and design are superb
hugs
lorraine x

Eileen said...

Sorry to hear that you have been going through a tough time but it sounds as if you are getting it sorted. I'm sure that when word gets around about your classes they will be queuing out the door.
Love what you have done with the image this week. Those papers are amazing. Great design and layout.
Glad you're staying with the team
Eileen x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Fabulous design and coloring on this card, Ann Marie.

I just wanted to let you know that the card you submitted to Avadares Challenge Blog has been chosen as one of our Top 3 Picks. Congratulations. The blog post will go live tomorrow afternoon (Atlantic Canada time), but you can pick up your Top 3 badge from the site any time.

Thanks again for playing at Avadares. I hope you will join in the new challenge that starts first thing tomorrow.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...