Tuesday, October 30, 2012

We are fine...

Just a quick post as I got my power and phones (cell and landline) back amazingly fast... don't know if it is for good or for just awhile.. devastation is beyond belief in some places here on Long Island but my family is fine... a tense night but besides downed trees and power lines, we are safe and sound.
My prayers are with all of those who lost so much in this destructive storm.  With only our Red Cross Radio and no power until an hour or so ago, I just got to see the first images on television of the subways of Manhattan under water and parts of our beloved Fire Island washed away - Parts of New Jersey were hit so hard as well and those images are painful to imagine.
So much to be grateful for- thank you for all your prayers, emails and comments..

12 comments:

Rina said...

I was thinking about you today Ann Marie, and wondered when you might post. So glad to know you and yours are all fine. The devistation looks unfathomable!

Rina

Tracy said...

Glad to hear you're safe and sound. :-) Hugs!

Carla S. said...

So glad to hear that you and your family are safe, Ann Marie. I can't even conceive of the devastation from this massive storm.

Caroline said...

Glad to hear you and your family are all safe. Hugs Caroline xxx

Chris x said...

So glad you are OK Ann Marie. xxx

Suzie's Card Den said...

So glad to hear you and your family are ok. My thoughts and prayers are with the less fortunate
Hugs
Suzie xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Glad to hear you're all safe

jacqui x

Eileen said...

Really glad to hear that you and your family are okay Ann Marie. I thought of you while watching the devastation being shown on TV. Nature can be such a terrible force.
Eileen x

Nannieflash said...

Oh Sweetheart Im so sorry to hear that your having to manage with all the devastation around you, I am glad your family and yourself are ok. Do take care and my thoughts are with you. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

julieprice3 said...

So glad to hear you are safe
Big Hugs Julie P

Donna Heber said...

Ann Marie,

I'm so glad to hear you are doing fine. I too am in New York and the pictures are devastating especially in New Jersey. I couldn't imagine going through a flood like that.

Teresa said...

So good to know you are safe and well Ann Marie, I have been thinking about you and hoping you would return unscathed, it's been a terrible storm and so many people lost their lives and homes, such a shame. Take care of yourself . Hugs Teresa xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...