Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sending Birthday Wishes

    Happy Wednesday!  If you are like me, the day before Thanksgiving tends to be a bit hectic but it is all good! So much to be thankful for, so wherever you are and whoever you are sharing the day with, I hope you have time to slow down, breathe and savor all that is good in your life! I know in light of the recent hurricane, there will be many for whom this day will be difficult. They will continue to be in my prayers.
     I am also sharing my DT card for this week's PAPER SHELTER challenge.  This week, the theme is HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I bet that is the occasion for which we make and send the most cards. I know that is true for me.  As always, THE PAPER SHELTER awards a $30 prize voucher to a challenge winner who uses a Paper Shelter image on their project, but you can still enter with ANY image you choose. If you do, you can still win 3 Paper Shelter images of your choice, so good luck!

     For my "Clean and Simple" card, I selected a cute digi image that is so versatile... it can be used for many occasions, not just birthdays, and the possibilities for merging it with many other stamps is endless...This image is called "Romantic Mailbox." 
     My card base is Stardream Metallic by CutCardstock.  Again, I can't rave enough about how incredible this 12x12 cardstock is in terms of how easily it scores (no cracks) and how sturdy it is for all the layers and embellishments. I use both the Crystal (white) and Opal (ivory).  The paper has a beautiful iridescence to it as well.  The mats are from Bazzill - both "Bling" and the 6x6 package.  I printed the image on Make It Colour Blending card and colored the entire image with copics.  I added some polka dots to the hearts on the letters with the Sharpie fine point paint pen and created some clouds with my handmade template and Pebbles Iridescent chalk.  (Tip: After I apply the chalk against the cloud template around my image, I run the very tip of a chalk eraser "through" the clouds in one direction and very lightly to create "lines" and pull some of the chalk through the skyline.)  The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley.  The heart pearls and flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The ribbon, lace and large heart button are from my stash.
     Thanks for visiting and always for your kind comments. Please stop by The Paper Shelter blog and see what the Design Team has created to inspire you... then please join us in this week's Happy Birthday challenge!  Last, I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving.   Among the gifts I am blessed to celebrate this holiday are your support, creativity and friendship- for that I am so very grateful!
Challenges: 

24 comments:

krafty-kutz said...

Oh it's lovely, cute mailbox xxx

Caroline said...

Beautiful card love the design and layout. Caroline xxx

Nannieflash said...

Beautiful card Ann Marie, your colouring as always is just gorgeous, and the whole card layout its quite stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Eileen said...

Love what you have done with this image Ann Marie. Perfect colouring and love the design and layout
Eileen x

Alyce said...

so cute! Love the colouring and the sentiment is great :D

Céline said...

really cute, love the image and your coloring
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
hugs
céline

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Ann Marie this is gorgeous I really love the image that you have used the colours, papers and design are super.
hugs
lorraine x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Love this card Ann Marie what a super image

jacqui x

Penny said...

Really pretty! Love the image & coloring, the design, and great embellies! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Sandi said...

Pretty card! Thanks for playing in our 'Birthday' Challenge #56!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Cheryl said...

I absolutely love this! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Sandy said...

How cute is that letter box.. Love the colors and your flowers are just lovely.. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 everybody. good Luck.! Sandy :)

Cumbrianlass said...

This card us really beautiful the colour combo is super and the image lovely.
Thanks for joining in the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge
Janet

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous card and your coloring/shading is amazing! So glad you shared this with us at Pattie's Creations for the birthday challenge.

Joann Burton said...

Your coloring is outstanding. I have got to have that cardstock. Putting that on my Christmas List...Wonderful card Anne Marie. joann sassy raggedy

Lyndsey Turner said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and your fabby colouring. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this week xx

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Love the coloring of the mailbox! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Buttons & Bows” Challenge!

Kath - Admin
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is gorgeous. I love the image and your colouring is so beautiful. The embellishments are so pretty too.

Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge

Sue

My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp said...

Beautiful and elegant.Thanks for joining with us at My Heart Pieces.

Amelia Thorneycroft said...

Hiya Anne Marie! Beautiful blog and beautiful card. Greetings from "challenges 4 everybody" as you've won first place!!!!
Pop on over and take a badge!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Amelia - Manager

The Gov. said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

Kjersti said...

Your card is fabulous Ann Marie, such a fun image, beautiful colored in great colours!
Sorry for not leaving comments for so long, but now I'll catch up with you:)
Have a nice week!
Hugs Kjersti:)

julieprice3 said...

How sweet, I love the simplicity of the image but so effective, very pretty card
Hugs Julie P

Jenny said...

What a cutie! Loving your colouring as ever - perfect :) Jen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...