Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Light

     Hi... Well, we are officially in the month of December, so let the holiday spirit begin!  This year, I am committing to making the holidays less frenetic and focusing on quality time spent with family.  It is a season of "light" both physical and spiritual. I hope you, too, can hold on to the moment amid all the "to do's" - With that in mind, I created a card using a La La Land Stamp called "Christmas Lantern Marci".
   First, the inspiration for this card came from Sara Winter (aka "Daisy Dreams" blog here).  Her work is an inspiration to me and if you click on the link above, you will see this Marci in different colors and so beautifully embellished on her cards. I asked for permission to use her card for a copic class I am teaching on "reds" and so in doing so, I created my own version of her beautiful card.. thank you Sara!
   Marci is colored with copics on Make it Colour Cardstock. I had to paper piece her hat as I tried once again to add glitter over the Sharpie Paint Pen polka dots and it just causes the paint pen to run and fade.  So, I colored another hat and paper pieced it over this one.  I used the softer E30's and 40's colors for her dress and R59, 39, 29, 24, 22 and 20 for her coat, shoes and hat.
   The design paper is from Teresa Collins' Christmas Cottage. The ribbon, lace and pearls are from my stash. The holly lace flourish die is from Cheery Lynn Designs.  Flowers and heart pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts. The flourish and parts of the image were coated with Snow-tex, Martha Stewart Snow glitter and Stickles Diamond glitter. The image was outlined in dark blue Pebbles iridescent chalks.
    Have a great day and thanks for your kind comments!  I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

26 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful card as always the image is coloured perfectly and the layout is gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely Anne Marie love the colours you've used to colour this cute image

jacqui x

Marge said...

LOVE your sweet image and all the absolutely GORGEOUS detail you've added to this card! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

Jo said...

Stunning Anne Marie. I love the reds. Those pearls in the heart shape as so cute. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous. Love all the little finishing touches and the colours work well. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

SuzanneK said...

Wow Ann Marie this is GORGEOUS, amazing attention to detail. Thanks for joining NMW Challenges this month. Good luck. Hugz Suzanne

marion said...

what a stunning card, thanks for joining us at NMWC and good luck, hugs, Marion

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Anne-Marie. Love the cute image and the colours and layout is stunning.
Hugs Sharon. x

Anne Fenton said...

OM Goodness, what a beautiful card...your coloring is fantastic and I love your layout...thank you for joining us at TTCRD this week.

Penny said...

Another gorgeous card, Ann Marie! Love the coloring, design, & all your elements! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Sandy said...

Cute as punch - I love all the red and your coloring is fantastic!
Sandy

sarah-Jane said...

Gorgeous Christmas card. Love your colouring. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

butterfly said...

Love your layered papers, and oh-so-adorable image, beautifully coloured! Thanks so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.
Alison x

Ginger said...

Beautiful!.... as always. So vibrant and festiive
Love, Ginger

Joann Burton said...

This is beautiful. I love the colors and wow your coloring is fantastic. You seem to always be able to create such wonderful creations. One talented lady...joann sassy raggedy

Katy said...

This is so pretty!! Love the colors and ribbon, and she is colored beautifully! Thank you for joining us at For Fun Challenges! :)

julieprice3 said...

Absolutely beautiful! Your colouring is stunning and I love how you've adapted your card, very pretty in deed
hugs Julie P

Julie said...

Gorgeous card. I love those luscious reds. Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge.

Hugz,
Julie

Wendy Fraser said...

Oh wow, what a stunning card! Fab image and your colouring rocks. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

Kim Bell said...

Ann
Your card is just stunning! Love it Girl. Coloring is always perfect.

Hugz
Kim

Hazel said...

This is so gorgeous - loving all the red - thanks for sharing it for the QKR stampede Christmas challenge 16 (Hazel, Guest Designer) x

Marlies said...

A gorgeous Christmas card! Lovey papers and colour and a sweet image! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, hugs, Marlies

Raquel said...

Cute cute card! The image is nicely colored and all the details just fit so well together

Thanks for sharing this at My Sheri Crafts

Chris said...

Wow, that little gal is beautifully colored and I love the flourish die cut accent. Thanks for joining me at my Amusing Challenges this week! I hope you'll visit again :)

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

OMG what a precious card!!! Thanks for sharing in No Matter Which’s *Christmas* challenge and good luck !

Hugzzz

Tammy, NMWC DT at Créations LaDiva :) xx

I have some candy on my blog, you are more than welcome to join and thank you if you already have ☺

Cards By Betty said...

Such a cute card you are an inspiration to us all, thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...