Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Hold You in My Heart


     It has been awhile since I posted my last card, at least awhile for me... so much going on.  These past two weeks there has been much sadness and also much joy.. the "yin and yang" of life never ceases to amaze me.  

     First, I, too, have been deeply saddened by the horrific events  in Newtown, Connecticut.  Only days before, my students endured the tragic death of another teen at the school where I teach.  It was hard to get my mojo going for much of anything for a time. I read on so many blogs how some people just felt the need to take a breath and be still for a bit. I had the same experience.  But life also presents us with gifts, sometimes in the midst of such darkness, and on a brighter note, I was able to get away for a few days last week to attend the college graduation of my son, Timothy.  How wonderful to be together with his father watching him walking across the stage with pride having worked so hard to accomplish this goal.  My son will join both his father and me as he embarks on a career in education.  We know he will be a wonderful teacher!

     My card today is one I have worked on for the past week or so. It was truly my way of channeling my  prayers and hopes for healing for those who lost their loved ones so tragically last week. When Jak Heath blogged about a card drive for those in Connecticut (here), I immediately knew the image I would use and how I would interpret it.  For my card, I selected Hannah Lynn's "A Princess is Born" digi image.
     The image is colored with copic markers (colors listed below).  Actually she is my second rendition as I colored her and then dropped an inkpad right on top of the image as I attempted to stamp a sentiment!  I had to color her over again but honestly, I found it so comforting to do so!  The design paper is from Pion Design.  The "angel wings" are from Kaisercraft. I painted them with Tim Holtz paint dabber in Pearl and then added Deco Art Glamour Dust.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the Tulle Pleat Trim, that I tied into a bow is from Live and Love Crafts.  The antique lace and blue velvet ribbon are from The Ribbon Girl.
         The sentiment is from Just Rite Clear Stamp Set- In Sympathy.  At first, I began looking through my stamp binders for a sentiment about children and then stumbled on this set. Once I read it, I knew it was perfect for what was in my heart...I stamped it with a new Ranger Archival Inkpad in Plum- these inkpad colors are breathtaking.
    Have a good day and thank you, once again, for your kind comments.
    Copics:
Dress: B99, 97, 95, 93, 91
Hair: E50, 31, 25 & 29/Child E35, 31 Y11
Skin: E000. 00, 21, 11
Pillows: Y26, 11, 00 and YG97, 95, 93, 91, E81
Eyes: B21 and dot of dark blue Spica
Baby dress and flowers in hair  RV99, 95,93, 91
Foliage:YG25, 21, YG97. 95

Challenges:
Divas by Design- Anything Goes
Fab n Funky Challenge-Ribbon and Lace
Digital Tuesdays- Layers
Papertake Weekly- Pick of the Year
Through the Craftroom Door-Anything Goes
Love to Create-Anything Goes
Make it Monday- Anything Goes
Marker POP Challenge- Deep Dark Colors
Challenges4Everybody-Anything Goes
Eclectic Ellapu-Anything Goes
Dutch Dare Challenge- Photo Inspiration
Aud Sentiments Challenge- Anything with a Sentiment
Delightful Challenges- Anything Goes
It's All About the Vintage- Lace
My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenge
Paper Crafting Journey-Anything Goes
Simply Create- Anything Goes

33 comments:

Caroline said...

What a beautiful card the image is adorable and is coloured so beautifully the layout is stunning.

Have a wonderful Christmas and all the very best for 2013. Caroline xxx

Alyce said...

This is just beautiful ann marie. I love your beautiful colouring and the layout is just so pretty. a huge congrats to your son graduating college too :) xx

Cammie said...

OH Ann this card brought tears to my eyes...just a beautiful expression of how it feels to love and lose someone you love most dearly...This tragic and horrific event has left a country devastated and heart broken with the loss of precious children and heroic teachers....My heart grieves for the families and mostly the siblings who must endure the unfathomable...Thanks Ann for sharing your heart with the world...Love you

Gail said...

Beautiful card. Wonderfully done. --Gail

Suzi said...

This takes my breath away and brings tears to my eyes. Your layout, colouring and that beautiful sentiment are so perfect. Stunning work,
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs
Suzi x

Penny said...

When so much heart goes into a creation, great beauty is born. This is simply awesome in every way possible. :^)
Hugs, Penny

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow saw this on Fb it's stunning, your colouring and image are gorgeous and the sentiment is lovely,
hugs Liz xx

Danni said...

Gorgeous card! What a wonderful image!

sharine said...

The card is beautiful:)

DebraK said...

A beautiful representation of the recent event...just perfect. Merry Christmas, congrats to your son!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation, your colouring is WOW!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges good luck, Hugs Shell xx

Rhea Weigand said...

Simply beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge

Michaela said...

Hi Anne Marie
I saw your lovely creation on MIM and came to take a closer look. Oh WOW, what a stunning card! Love every bit of it. The image is just breathtakingly coloured in!
Michaela xx

SusanLotus said...

This card makes me think about the "Eternal femininity"... Beautiful!

Susan Lotus

Sandy said...

Such a beautiful image love the wings.. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good Luck! Seasons Greetings to you and your family.
Sandy :)

Chrissy said...

Stunning Ann Marie....gorgeous image and amazing colouring...beautiful.

Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kjersti said...

A gorgeous card Ann Marie!
Wish you a Merry Christmas!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Nannieflash said...

Hi Ann Marie, what a gorgeous image, I love your beautiful colouring and that sentiment is just stunning with the image. I do hope you have a wonderful Christmas. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Kim Bell said...

Ann
Just stunning!!Love the details on your. Love the scripture for the card. You doing amazing work!! Love it all.
Merry Christmas!!
Hugz
Kim

Chantal said...

Your card is so lovely and stunning! Thank you for joining Dutch Dare Card Challenges but please remind that if you want to be eligible to win the price you can combine up to 8 challenges.
Chantal

Carla S. said...

Stunning card, Ann Marie! The image is gorgeous and your coloring is exquisite! Sorry I haven't visited recently. For some reason your blog has not been coming up in my dashboard even though I am a follower. Hope you had a nice Christmas. Best wishes for 2013!

. said...

Ann Marie, this is so gorgeous. Your coloring is fantastic!

Merkku said...

Aww!! What a lovely and stunning card!
Thank you for joining us at the It's all About the Vintage & Beauty-challenge!
Hugs Merkku

Rene said...

This is just gorgeous...absolutely inspirational and stunning. If you stop by my blog tomorrow night, I may just have something for you! ;D Thanks for joining us at MIM.
Rene :D

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning. Such a beautiful image and your colouring is amazing. I love the papers and the layout too.
Thank you for taking part in the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge
Sue

Michelle said...

Hi Ann-Marie

Wow, this is absolutely stunning. I am always so inspired by your beautiful creations.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday.

Michelle :o)

Marie Gamber said...

Wow! Another stunning card! I find your art inspiring. I am NEVER disappointed!
thank you for joining us at MakerPOP!
Hugs,
Marie XX

Norma said...

Stunningly gorgeous, Ann Marie. The image is beautiful and your awesome colouring just bring it more to life. Love the sentiment you found--so perfect for the image. Love the card.
Hugs,
Norma

My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp said...

Quite amazing, I dont have words. thank you for taking part at My Heart Pieces Challenges.

Antonia said...

Wowwww!!!A lovely project!! Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces
Antonia

julieprice3 said...

What a stunning card, I love the image and verse and the angel wings are just perfect, beautifully done
Hugs Julie P

Marie Gamber said...

Ahhhh.... Your card is just stunning. It is always a treat to visit your blog and spend some time with your wonderful creations.

Congrats on being selected of the MarkerPop Top Three! You deserve it!
Hugs,
Marie

enkulin käsityöt said...

Such a beautiful image

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...