Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"Winter Blues"- The Paper Shelter Challenge

     The Design Team at The Paper Shelter is back from the holiday break!  We have another fantastic challenge to start the new year and it is "Winter Blues".  I always get a little down this time of year, longing for the sun and warmth of Spring and Summer, but at the same time, I just love the holidays and getting cozy by the fireplace... so I guess every season has a gift to give, right? 
      For my "Winter Blues" entry, I used a pre-printed digi image- so perfect for when you need to make a card that is not only quick, but colored to perfection!  This image is called "Snow Angel".  I was asked on what cardstock I print out these images, and I use Digital Cardstock from Craftwork Cards in the UK. It prints beautifully, dries instantly and you can even color use it to color with your copics.


       The design paper is interesting in that I used both a digi paper from Bearly Mine Designs called "Christmas Dreams" (the star/blue-green paper on top) and "Winter Blues" 6 inch paper pad by Whimsy (the blue green dotted paper on bottom). They matched perfectly! I like digi papers, as I have said in other posts, because they offer such interesting colors and designs, cost much less than the paper pads and most of all... I can have so many more as I don't have to worry about how and where to store them!  TIP: I print my digi papers (different from digi images above) out on HP Bright White Inkjet Paper- got a 500 sheet package at Staples HERE for $12.99. This paper produces great color and has the feel and weight of good design paper. The ink from my inkjet printer dries super fast on this paper, too!)
     The pre-colored digi image was embellished with Deco Art Glamour Dust and Martha Stewart Course Snow Glitter.  The die cuts are from Memory Box and the digi sentiment is from Create with TLC.  The pink swirl bling is from Recollections and the small flower ribbon is from Joanns.  I covered the Wild Orchid crafts silver metal corner  with Tim Holtz Pearl Paint Dabber (white) and then put some glamour dust on it.  Last, her hat and parts of her dress were blinged up with some Diamond Stickles.
     Won't you hop over to see what the rest of the DESIGN TEAM has created to inspire you?  We would love to see what you create for this challenge. Have a great day and, as always, thank you for your kind comments!

11 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is gorgeous Anne Marie, sorry I've missed your posts lately I think blogger is playing up and not telling me.

What a lovely image and I really like the papers you've teamed her up with

jacqui x

Nannieflash said...

Oh wow Ann Marie, youve done a brilliant job on this image, I love the glitter, the whole card design is just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxx

krafty-kutz said...

It's beautiful hen, I was just about to say your colouring was awesome lol xxx

Marjorie said...

This is so lovely Ann Marie, I agree it's so lovely to use a pre coloured image when you are in a hurry:).. lovely papers and design too!..
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Alyce said...

stunning ann marie! i love those gorgeous colours and all of the beautiful glitter :) perfect!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Ann Marie! Love the papers and the adorable image! Great details!

Danni said...

Beautiful card!

MicheleA said...

Beautiful as usual. We've come a long way my friend.

Pam said...

I love the addition of the glitter, so pretty!

Sandy said...

These colors are pure magic - I love your card -- really nice work!
Sandy

SusanLotus said...

I love this!

It´s magical and makes me remember when I used to do snowangels during the winter... :)

Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...