Saturday, February 9, 2013

That's Where I Will Find You

      Happy Saturday!  If you are anywhere in the Northeastern part of the United States, it is indeed quite a sight! I woke up to almost two feet of snow and ice- I thought Sandy was going to be the last big story for New York, but I guess Mother Nature had other "gifts" to give... hoping everyone stays safe and warm as we wait to have roads reopened and life get back to usual!

      Well, there seems to be a silver lining to all this in that I was able to get back into my craft room and play.
     My little man is colored with copic markers on Make It Colour  Blending cardstock.  The brown cardstock is from Papertrey Ink.  All the design paper is from a 6x6 paper pad called "Fair Skies" by Farmhouse. Perfect for a boyish card, I think. Even the little postcard comes as a page in the pad with other cut outs like this to use.  The "bark heart" is from Live and Love Crafts. I sponged distress ink on it and then stamped LOVE with some alphabet wood stamps from my stash, and tied some twine around it.   I researched the sentiment on google, and once I found the words to express what I saw in this stamp, I computer generated it- easy peasy.  I realized, AFTER I put away my light tent and camera that the twine covered part of the "you" in the sentiment, but I so loved the pic, that I thought enough was there to read it.. sorry :(
     You can tell I am experimenting with taking photos that include some "props"... I recently took an online class that gave some tips for photographing cards and scrapbook layouts, and this was a suggestion - to use some of the items right in your craftroom or that you used to make the card right in your photo.  Hope you will try it, it is a lot of fun!  That's it for today... going to make a nice big pot of homemade soup and sugar cookies for later!  In between that, I will be making a few more projects as well.
     Thanks for stopping by, and as always, for your kind comments!  I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

Crazy 4 Challenges- Hearts but no pink or red
Card Crafter's Circle- Love is in the Air
Copic Marker Europe- Anything Goes
For Your Inspiration- Picture Challenge
Cards by Lade Anne- Anything Goes
Inky Impressions - Love
Papercraft Star- Love
Simon Says Stamp- Heart
Stampin Royalty- Love 
Loves Rubber Stamps- Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly- Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door- Anything Goes
Cards for Men- Love
Ooh La La Creations- Anything Goes
The Paper Girls- Twine

18 comments:

JayBe said...

What a great card, Anne-Marie - I love the image and your design. The sentiment is fab too :)

Hugz, Jan xx
http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

Athina said...

Wow! I absolutely love this card! It is amazing in every way! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Love this card Ann Marie super image and colours. Love your photos I really must look into getting a light box
jacqui x

Penny said...

Wonderful card as it tells a story! :^) Love the design and the great coloring! :^:)
Hugs, Penny

irishfaery said...

This is just a fabulous card for a man and I agree, that image works fantastically with the sentiment!

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Kerry Louise
CCC DT

Michelle said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

Desire Fourie said...

What a gorgeous little masculine creation and so wonderfully photographed.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Alyce said...

woot woot a huge congrats again on joining the lds team! and such a beautiful card..i love the layers and the image is coloured beautifully :)

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Ann Marie! Awesome coloring and design! Congrats again on your new LDS DT gig!

Anne-Marie said...

Perfectly coloured image and that is an awesome design! I'm English, and we don't often use "awesome" but it seems very relevant for this wonderful creation....love the props, too! Thanks so much for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle. x

Lady Anne said...

Oh Ann Marie, your card is stunningly beautiful, the image is fabulous and that sentiment is perfect, your colouring of the image has brought it to life. All the different layers has given the whole thing depth. Great photography too *smile* Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
Lady Anne's Challenges

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Stunning card, your image is gorgeous and your colouring amazing. Love all your other embellies too
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

dstandard said...

Fabulous image and beautiful card - just awesome! Thanks for playing at FYI!

craftyeyes said...

great card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Ann-Marie this is superb, what a wonderful image and design that sentiment pulls on the heart strings, excellent card, thank you for joining us at OLLCB
hugs
lorraine x

Daniele said...

such a lovely card great colouring so glad you joined us at OLL
hugs

julieprice3 said...

Beautifully coloured and created
Hugs julie P

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Oh my goodness - your coloring is amazing!! Thanks for joining us at For Your Inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...