Thursday, March 7, 2013

Follow Your Dreams- Crafts and Me Inspiration

     Happy Thursday!  At the beginning of the week, I actually heard birds chirping outside and thought, can Spring be far behind?  And today, snow again- yuk!  I guess if I did not have to drive in it, I would feel a bit better about it, but ... Let's hope for a smooth few weeks more of winter as we move toward the change of seasons!
      Today, I am excited to share a Crafts and Me Design Team Inspiration card.  Each day, one of the design team members posts a card on our blog featuring a new rubber or digi stamp to showcase new images from the talented artists who create them.  Today, I am featuring another Hannah Lynn mermaid image, called "Sharlotta" and she can be found HERE in the Crafts and Me store.
      "Sharlotta" is colored with copic markers (RV99,95, 93 & 91) on Make It Colour 
Blending Card.  Her crown, seat (Y26, 15 & 11) and parts of her dress were glittered with Diamond Stickles and some Glamour Dust.  The design papers are from Maja Design "Shall We Have Coffee" collection from Live and Love Crafts. They were distressed with my Zutter distress tool and Brushed Courduroy & Dusty Concord distress inks with my Inkblender tool. I die cut around her using an oval Spellbinder die and the Floral Oval die.
       I had so much fun embellishing this card. I used gold net ribbon from my stash.  I can't seem to locate where I got it.   I also used some fabulous hand-dyed shabby crinkled seam binding and pearls on string (really more of a thin wire) from Live and Love Crafts.  For those of you who asked about the crinkled seam binding, it is hand dyed by Sandra herself, the owner of Live and Love Crafts, and any of the out of stock colors will be dyed and restocked as soon as soon as her shipment of seam binding arrives! They match the distress ink colors perfectly!   The oval metal medallion on the shabby bow is from Bo Bunny Trinkets.  The metal corner and flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and Recollections.  Last, I stamped the sentiment on cardstock, crumbled and distressed it with the inks for a more worn look.
       My work day begins by me getting up at 5:15 am.  I spend half an hour with a cup of coffee and my computer- looking at (drooling over) all those creations and challenge entries from the zillions of blogs I follow.  It just puts me in a great place to start the day. So much of my inspiration comes from seeing so many talented cardmakers on other blogs and challenges, and I just can't wait to try to employ some of those techniques on my future creations, so thank you for sharing your creativity!
      If you are not already a follower, why not hop over to the Crafts and Me blog HERE to become one so you can have the latest images and inspiration sent to you each day.  Definitely NOT a bad way to start your day!  Also why not join the Crafts and Me Facebook page HERE.
     Have a great weekend, and thank you for your kind comments.  I will be entering my card in the following challenges:
A&T Emerald Faeries Challenge- Bling
Cards and More- Pearls and Lace
Crazy Amigo Challenge- Women
Papertake Weekly- Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts- Flowers and Pearls
Make it Monday- Anything Goes
My Grafico- Anything Goes
The Shabby Tea Room- White and One other Color
The Ribbon Reel- Photo Inspiration
Addicted to Stamps- Lots of Flowers
Crafting When We Can-Fire, Air, Water, Earth
Dream Valley Challenges - Ribbon and Bling
That Craft Place- Anything Goes
The Squirrel and the Fox- Fantasy
613 Avenue- Tic Tac Toe/Die Cut/Stamp/Free
Whimsy Stamps-Add some Metal
Crafty Ribbons- Anything Goes with ribbon
Delightful Challenges-  Bling






-

35 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is beautiful Ann Marie, love the colour of your creation
jacqui x

Loz said...

Fabulous card and Beautiful coloring..Loz Visited from MIM

Patricia St Martin said...

Ann, First I want to say thank you for all the Silhouette cameo tutorials and video you do, I enjoy them so much and you make them so easy to follow. I have saved everyone of them so I can go back if needed to see how you did that special project.
Your card is just stunning. Love your colors. I see you used the Zutter distress tool, I want to get one, Are you happy with the one you have? Love the floral oval die, the trinkets is stunning. Beautiful card.
Hugs, Patricia

coops said...

wow so stunning ann marie.your design and details are really fabulous and i love the gorgeous new stamp :D


xx coops xx

Penny said...

WOW! What a fabulous creation, Ann Marie! I love this! You have colored your image beautifully! And your papers & colors are gorgeous; the embellies are so pretty; and I love the design! Another wonderful card! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Carla S. said...

Stunning card, Ann Marie! Fantastic coloring and gorgeous details!

Susy said...

Amazing!

HUGS SUSY

Nathalie said...

Fantastic card! I love papers and image. Colouring is fab. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley challenge.
Nathalie

Angelique said...

Wow what a fabulous card and great colouring. Love how you organized the embelishment.
Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create.

Huggsss, Angelique

Sassy Raggedy said...

Ann Marie, wow you just keep outdoing yourself. This is fabulous. I love the vintage look and the colors are beautiful. Lovely card....joann sassy raggedy

Tasha Manser said...

Beautiful card. I love the colours and the wonderful way you ahve coloured the image ;-)
Thanks for joining us over at ATSC
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxx

Jules said...

OMG this is just gorgeous, I love the colours and all the embellishments it all just works so well together. Thank you for joining us at A & T Emerald Faeries. Good Luck xoxoxo

marion said...

This is stunning, I love it, hugs, Marion

marion said...

Here I am again :), thanx for joining us at Cards und More, hugs,marion

Meihsia Liu said...

What a gorgeous card, Anne Marie. Love the all the fabulous details and your great coloring on the image. Thank you so much for joining us at Make It Monday ths week.... ^_^

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card! I love the colours and all the pretty embellies. thanks for joining us at ATSC, Marlies x

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Hi Ann Marie,
I spotted your card at MIM and want to see in closer look. I adore you fab coloring and your card is just so fantastic; very inspiring too.
Hugs,
Asmah

Cindy said...

Wow, this is just amazing! It's really beautiful Ann Marie! The embellishments are just perfect!
Saw you on MIM :D!
Love,
Cin

julieprice3 said...

Love the colours and gorgeous image, so pretty
Hugs Julie P

Debbie D (Padster) said...

An absolutely beautiful card - the detail and amount of work you've put into this is amazing - thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy Inspires
Hugs
Debbie x

Kathi Silvia said...

Just stunning! So beautifully colored! Love your choice of papers, die cuts and the overall design of the card. Thanks for sharing with us and playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!

Kathi
Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

my blog:
http://kathiscreativetherapy.blogspot.com/

Mema's Crafts said...

All I can say is another masterpiece! I absolutely love your work. Thanks for visiting us at 613 Avenue Create and we hope you'll come back again.

Lesia
DT Member

Chana said...

Hi, Ann Marie,

I love the rich, vibrant colors in this design. your attention to small details really sets your work apart! We will have to snag you for a GDT spot! Thanks for sharing another fabulous project with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Co-Owner

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are: #211, #213, #229, and #235.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by JuliaMe and Myself on the Dark… and My Art... Healing The Soul.

Hugs,

Julia

kraftykaren said...

Absolutely stunning sweetie!

Thank you so much for joining in with our Anything Goes With Ribbon Challenge at Crafty Ribbons!

Hugs,
Karen.DT.xx

http://kraftykarensblogspot.co.uk/wordpress/500-follower-giveaway/

Poppet said...

A gorgeous card Ann Marie, this is definitely what I would call a shabby chic card of the best kind. Great colouring and beautiful embellishments.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Angela said...

Wow another stunner Ann Marie! I do love your vintage style. This is so pretty and I love the embellies you've added to your card. Well done! hugs, Angela

Stampalicious said...

absolutely love the image and the awesome colours, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafting When We Can, hugs, martina

Judith said...

I love this - your colouring is fab and that ribbon and embellies just so gorgeous - thank you for joining in at our challenge at whimsy stamps hugs Judith x

Judith said...

here I am again with a different hat! - everything I said before - such a gorgeous card- thank you for playing along at Delightful Challenges this week hugs Judith x

Alexander said...

A very beautiful card!!!
Good luck to the challenge!
Come on my blog!!!

Magpies Delights Crafty Home said...

Stunning make xxx Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at That Craft Place (((((HUGS))))), Caroline xxx

Mimi said...

OMG I just love your card! You are so talented!!!

Jeanne J said...

Amazing! SO beautiful!

Со said...

WOW
Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faeries, Good luck and hope you will join us again

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...