Wednesday, May 29, 2013

New Vintage Images & Crafts and Me Digi Challenge

   Hi. Just stopping by to share my post for Crafts and Me. First, one of our dear dt members needed to step down, so I thought I would move over to the digi team. It really works for me too as the store is way over in the UK and it is just easier to get the digi images via email.  Either way, whether I am working with the rubber or digi, Crafts and Me has images that are just so beautiful!
  Next, a bit of news in that Teresa just released the most gorgeous "Vintage"images in the store.  You can see them HERE. Some are available in rubber and some are digi images.  How appropriate, too, that our challenge host, Minna, selected "Shabby Chic" for this week's digi challenge. It just fits so perfectly with these new images.
    Additionally, Teresa has a new medium on which to work with these images and you might have already seen it on some of the design team creations... it is Stamping Linen by Joy Crafts. Teresa will have the linen in stock very soon!  These sheets of linen can be stamped and colored on (copics, pencils or markers) or they can go right into your inkjet printer where once you size your image, you can print them out and embellish. In fact, if you look closely at the design team creations HERE, you can see that Nic used the same image as I did, only she enlarged it for a different effect! I am quite excited about this new product and can't wait for you to try it too. Not only is it elegant, but is great for those who don't want to color or just don't have the time to put together a card featuring a colored image.
   Again, our challenge this week is SHABBY CHIC... I selected "Emily" a digi image that already features those beautiful touches of pink and red...
   As no coloring was necessary, I got right to work playing with my layout - the design paper is from Pion.  So beautiful to coordinate. I matted with Tim Holtz distress cardstock and distressed with Brushed Courduroy ink.  Next, I added a Tim Holtz Ornate Book Plate (from Idea-ology) and embellished that with Aged Wine and Shabby Pink Frantage. I also added pink swarovski crystals where the brad holes were as I secured it with foam tape and not the brads that are included. I also added some Frantage to the bronze corner embellishment. In fact, if you see a few white dots on the image, it is the frantage and glitter and not any problem with the linen. I was amazed at how perfectly the image printed on it.  The one thing I did not do was "fray" the edges.. you can do that with this linen and you may see that in other creations.  Last I added a Magnolia flourish die cut, a beaded hat pin and some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and Live and Love Crafts.  The sentiment is from an LOTV sentiment set. 
    We would love for you to show us your digital "Shabby Chic" creations. Why not stop by the Crafts and Me blog for some inspiration and then add your creations to our challenge.  Have a great day and thank you for your kind comments.

I will be entering the following challenges:





14 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous work,
hugs Tamara

Teresa said...

Oh Wow! Ann marie this is truly beautiful, a gorgeous vintage card love it. xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Such a gorgeous vintage creation and I love how you have done the sentiment.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Mojca said...

Such a gorgeous vintage card! amazing. Hugs! Mojca

coops said...

so beautiful ann marie.she is a really gorgeous image and I love your details and fab frantage :D

xx coops xx

Elaine said...

I love vintage and shabby chic style of cards ( though sadly, I am totally useless at making them)and this is my idea of perfection.
The image is so beautiful and your embellishments are the perfect balance.
Gorgeous!
Big hugs
Elaine xx

Lisa T said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at SACC!

Deonna Bemish said...

This card is Gorgeous! I love the look and the style. Those embellishments are also fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing with TTCRD this week

Louise said...

Beautiful card it is so elegant and loving the vintage style.
Louise xx

Sanja Grdinić said...

Beautiful image and embellishments! Love the sparkle! :)
Have a nice day!

Tracie Dean said...

I love everything about this card!! Great work.

Happy Crafting,
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Chana said...

Stunning! Classic Vintage Design! Thanks for playing with us this week at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Kjersti said...

A beautiful shabby chic card Ann Marie!
Have a nice day!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Sandy said...

Big sigh - how many times can one say beautiful !!
sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...