Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Saturated Canary "Elphie"

 

Good Morning.  For my card today,  I selected "Elphie". She reminds me of a little Cinderella before her fairy godmother transforms her into a princess! Maybe this is the moment her fairy godmother appears...
     Elphie is colored with copic markers.  I sprinkled a bit of Frantage and Glitter around her to help create the magic special effects I recall when I watched Cinderella on television as a child. This was the first time I used the Frantage, and as you can see, it was a light touch, and not the heavier application I also love to do on other projects, but with this image, a light touch works, I think! Usually you will never hear "light touch" and my name in the same sentence LOL!
     I made the frame from the new Martha Stewart Frame and Flourishes Mold and Clay pack.  After I took the pic above, I decided to add some seed beads to the frame, and along with applying Tattered Rose distress ink, I sprinkled pink seed beads in the corners which you can see in the pic below. (I did it after I sent the card to Angie, so I could not take another pic!)
     The frame around Elphie is "Fancy Rectangle" from Sizzix, and once again, I used it as it frames the larger images other frame dies can't do.  The flowers and lace are from Live and Love Crafts and the roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  Last, the shaped card was made with Go Kreate XXL dies.  Ribbon, cheesecloth and pearls are from my stash.
  
Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a great day and thanks always for your kind comments!

23 comments:

Maria said...

I love it

Christina C. said...

ADORABLE...cute image and fabulous details!!!!!

Eulanda said...

Oh WOW this is just gorgeous!! Love that color combo and the frame is adorable.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

fabulous card!!!

Cordine said...

it's gorgeous!
hugs
cordine

Tanya S said...

So cute,love it !!

Jenny said...

Oh my how gorgeous is this!! I love the colours, your colouring and that frame. Amazing work <3 Jen xx

mandy said...

Wow you DT girls are really spoiling us with all of your fab projects. I love your card it's stunning the way you colored in Elphie is amazing and I love the shape of the card and lil frame :)

Hugs Mandy xxx

Camellia Cards said...

Love the colours Ann-Marie. This would be a great card for those witchy friends I have too.... I'd just need to add a cat charm - love it xx Hugs Clare xx

Katie Stringer said...

Love is! I like the glitter effect on the image xx

Laura Love said...

I love this image - it is so adorable and you colored it up perfectly! This is such a gorgeous design!

rovianne said...

Oh she is just sweet

Red Kitty said...

gorgeous creation. flowers are fantastic. x

Louise said...

Totally gorgeous and love the little frame
Louise xx

Sandra H said...

Hello, Totally stunning is your image as are all of them and you have coloured her so beautifully lovely layout and lots of embellishemts too x

Beachsidelynn said...

Darling. Pun intended.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wonderful card, love how you have coloured the image.

Dionne

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Ann Marie! Love the colors, papers and layout! Fantastic coloring of the cute image!

Penny said...

Wow, what a spectacular card, Ann Marie! You did your usual fabulous job of coloring! And then you did another wonderful design, with so many beautiful elements & paper! I love it! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Frances said...

Beautiful card! Great design and lovely coloring, hugs, Frances.

Lori Aragon said...

Beautiful card Ann Marie!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful Anne Marie, stunning creation as always
Hugs
Kat x

Kat W said...

Just stunning! Pink and green is one of my fave colour combos and love all the shaped elements to your card with the fancy base, dies and mini frame - so elegant. Your colouring is beautiful and the Frantage adds just the perfect amount of sparkle.
Kat x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...