Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"Rose" - Crafts and Me "Vintage" Challenge

   Hi and Happy Wednesday to all of you.  It is my turn to host this week's Crafts and Me Challenge.  Our theme this week is "VINTAGE". You can interpret that theme anyway you choose, whether you use a vintage image, vintage design paper, distressing your creation with inks or tools, or even including those fabulous vintage embellishments and die cuts....go for it!   You will have from now until Tuesday, June 18th to enter your creations HERE.
    I have been having a lot of fun working with the new "Vintage Photo Images" from Crafts and Me. Teresa has them available in BOTH rubber and digi format. The last three cards I created featured the digi images. Again, I printed my image out on the new Stamping Linen that Teresa will have in stock soon.  It feeds into my inkjet printer just like paper and voila!  The backing on the linen allows it to be cut right on my paper cutter- no special scissors needed.  Of course, these images can be sized, flipped and even colorized differently in photo editing software. I love them just the way they are- easy when you want to make a vintage or shabby chic card in a hurry- just print on paper or linen and embellish away!
    For my card, I selected "Rose".  I just love the deep green in her dress and part of the background mirror.  I added a bit of Stickles to her hairband and a few roses.   I just love the frame behind her... all part of the image!  Looks layered, doesn't it?  That is the high quality of the photo image.
     The design paper is from Pion "Lily of the Valley" from the Fairytale of Spring Collection. The pearls on a wire and bronze corner are from Live and Love Crafts. Lace and velvet ribbon are from The Ribbon Girls.  The flower "cameo" is from Recollections... I could not believe how perfectly it matched the roses in the image. Flowers are from WOC and Recollections.
    Here is a close up:

   And I could not end without thanking Carla for introducing me to Create with TLC... I just love their digi sentiments. I am also a fan of angels and fairies and this image reminded me of an angel looking down over me.  How wonderful to find a sentiment to match what I hope to convey.  This sentiment comes from the  Art Fire "Guardian Angel Set" - a collection of five separate sentiments.  All edges of paper and sentiment distressed with Brushed Courduroy distress ink.
     Please stop by to the challenge blog to see what the Dynamite Digi team has created to inspire you!  We hope to see your vintage creations this week!  Have a great day and thank you for your kind comments.
Challenges entered:
Twist of Faith Challenge- Fabric/Inspirational verse
Heck of a Challenge- Bingo- Pearls/Ribbon/Lace
Sentimental Sundays- Metal Findings
Card Mania- Shabby Chic
Created with Love- Anything Goes
Love to Create- Vintage or Shabby 
Rhedd & Rosie- Ribbons and Lace
Penny's Paper Crafty- 1, 2, 3
Word Art Wednesdays- Anything Goes


20 comments:

Gitte said...

Beautiful Vintage card.

Zoe said...

Gorgeous card, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

Hillary Harris said...

So pretty! I just love the vintage look! Thanks for joining us at Twist of Faith!

Wendy McCarthy said...

Lovely card, beautiful layout! Thank you for entering Rhedd and Rosies challenge, good luck! Wendy (DT) xx

Zella said...

WOW - printing right on linen...how cool is that! Lovely project and just adore the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Twist of Faith!

Tracy said...

The embellies you've chosen go so well with the vintage theme Ann Marie. These images are really gorgeous. Beautifully done. Hugs!

Mojca said...

Oh it's sooooo beautiful and elegant! Hugs! Mojca

coops said...

so stunning ann marie.i love all your beautiful details and gorgeous pretty image and colours :D

xx coops xx

Sandy said...

You certainly did inspire me!!! Ann Marie if I did not know better, I would swear that you are a Southern Lady. Your card is gorgeous - shades of well born ladies!
sandy

Evie said...

A gorgeous and beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge.

Evie DT

Moira Gray said...

This is so gorgeous, I just love everything about it.

Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog, hope we see your work again.

Moira

DT

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh, my heart be still! This is GORGEOUS!!! Just look at all those soft, lovely vintage embellishments you've used. It's just amazing, and I feel SO BLESSED to have you share this amazing piece of art in our challenge this week.
Hope you're enjoying your week, and thank you so much for stopping by to play along with us,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Saints Rule! said...

Love the vintage feel to this beauty! Your details are just over the top gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your talents at Word Art Wednesday!

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Now this is quite a piece of beauty, and the green on Rose is beauteous.
Everything is sweet.
Thank you so much for taking time out your day to post this wonderfully creative artwork with us this week, at WAW. We love it when you enter your projects with us.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Pauline said...

This is breathtaking! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Twist of Faith!

Laurian said...

Stunning vintage card!
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz
Laurian

Archana Joshi said...

This is stunning. So so pretty, beautifully made. Love the image and colours and all the details. Wonderful sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at sentimental sundays challenge this week.
Hugs,
Archana

Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Absolutely Lovely...I love your vintage design

Teresa said...

Ann this is a really stunning card, totally gorgeous.
Teresaxxx

Kjersti said...

A great card Ann Marie, so beautiful with all the layers!
Have a nice Suday!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...