Friday, August 30, 2013

CAS (Clean & Simple) - A Creative Romance Challenge

   Good Morning and welcome to another challenge at A Creative Romance. The "Chic Crafters" have decided on "Clean and Simple" for this challenge, which will last for two weeks. Now, I am a huge fan of "CAS" cards because I admire how artists can create with so little "stuff"... ironically, they are the hardest for me to do.  You would think being relieved of having to sort design paper or select and place embellishments would make it easier... but sadly, it does not. So I turned to my Pinterest board for CAS Cards for inspiration and I found a card by Jennifer Macguire that inspired me HERE.


    I stamped a large floral stamp from the "Discover Your Wings" set by Taylored Expressions onto watercolor paper that I then distressed with my Zutter distress tool.  I embossed the image with clear detail embossing powder and my heat gun.  Then, as Jen did on her card, I sponged Wild Honey and Broken China distress ink over the embossing with the inksentials blending tool. I spritzed the paper lightly with Biscotti Perfect Pearls and that helped blend the colors and give the image a sparkle.  Last, I added pearls and  Prima  butterflies. I did stamp the sentiment on the card but as it was over the watercolor and embossing, the image looked quite faded.  I restamped on separate watercolor paper, distressed with the same inks and popped up on the card.
   It really was quite simple and also a lot of fun to play with embossing and distress inks once again. I can't wait to get back to that Pinterest board HERE and try so many more of the clean and simple techniques that inspired me.
 
  Please hop over to our challenge blog to see what the Chic Crafters Design Team has created. By the way, we welcome two new designers to our team, "Dee Dee" from Dee Dee's Card Art  and "Alby" from Loshakerato Alberto's Scrappy Moments who have posted their clean and simple creations with us.
   Have a great day.

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

This is awesome Ann I just love the background you created! Hugs Rebekah xx

Tracy said...

It's beautiful Ann Marie. Great effect with the clear embossing and inking. Hugs!

Sandy said...

So very pretty!
sandy

ednamburgess said...

Beautiful. Love the card and all the colors and layers. Wondering if you cut out the butterflys or used a die??? Edna

Mojca said...

Totally amazing card! I love the pretty colours. Hugs! Mojca

coops said...

so stunning ann marie.really fabulous design and colours :D

xx coops xx

Delphine said...

I totally love your card! Very eye-catching! Beautiful colours and composition - I just love it!!! Have a lovely Sunday! BIG hugs Delphine xx

Shirley Chillman said...

This card is gorgeous Ann Marie I love the effect you get with the water colour paper. Beautiful stamped images.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...