Friday, October 25, 2013

"Always & Forever" - A Creative Romance Challenge

     Woo Hoo.. it is Friday...hope you are able to play a bit this weekend.  Today begins another great challenge at A Creative Romance. The "Chic Crafters" have decided that "Metal" is our theme for the next two weeks, so we hope to see your creations there!
     I really want to begin by saying how grateful I am to the ladies I have met in blog land who willingly share ideas and take the time to teach me what they know whether through emails back and forth or via facebook... I also want to thank my sister who, during her visit today, decided we should try something "new".

       It all began yesterday when I saw a card on Pinterest that I just loved, both for its simplicity and its elegance. Thanks to watermarks,  I traced it to the Joy of Scrapping blog, left a comment and within minutes, got an email from the artist (Joyce) explaining how she attached this lovely ribbon to her bride silhouette.  Here is her beautiful card:

  Cut to today. My sister came over to visit and I showed her the picture of this card. I told her how I wanted to try to do a similar card, but I did not have the silhouette image.  I looked through my stash of stamps and recalled that I had a Stampendous Bride and Groom wood mounted stamp that might work. Here is a pic of the stamp I used...
     It wasn't a "side view"silhouette image, but with my sister's prompting, and with NO plan of what I would use, (which is sooo not me) we decided to give it a try. Out came boxes of lace and tulle, flowers and glue.. it looked like my craft room blew up!  So, here is my first attempt at using lace to embellish a stamped image. 

      I stamped the image on Make it Colour cardstock.  I colored the groom with copic markers and distressed the bodice of the bride with distress ink. I cut around the outside of the image. Then I used half inch lace from The Ribbon Girls and twisted and ruffled as I glued in place. I cut the lace in strips and did one layer at a time rather than work with one long piece.  I began at the bottom and worked my way up. On the final piece, I threaded the lace through the Diamante Buckle Slider, also from The Ribbon Girls, and tucked under the edges of the lace and glued in place. I embellished the lace with small pearls. Another idea would be to add a teeny tiny bow with my shabby seam binding, if I can learn to tie one!
 
       As the lace added dimension to the image, I stamped ONLY the top of the dress a second time, distressed it with Walnut Stain and Tea Dye and added Glamour Dust, then I attached with pop dots to the bottom image!
       All three design papers are from one 6x6 page of  Pion's "For Father"- a fab blend of brownish gray (from Live and Love Crafts) that can only be perfectly matched and matted by a one-of-a-kind cardstock color "Smokey Shadow" by Papertrey Ink.  I love the clock faces that are in the design paper as it went so well with the Just Rite stamped sentiment.Since I cut away the hangers from the stamped image, and because this is a "metal" challenge, I added Tim Holtz metal hangers that were "frantaged" behind the image and a metal corner. The final touches were crystals, pearl and tiny light and dark pink roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. 
      Thank you for hanging in there and reading all the way to the end of this long post! I look forward to trying this again, but next time with all my materials in place first- LOL!  Why not hop over the A Creative Romance challenge blog and see what the rest of the design team has created, and then put your pedal to the metal (had to say it) and join us!   Have a great weekend, and, as always, thank you for leaving a kind comment.  
   I will be entering the following challenges:


27 comments:

Linda said...

This is beautiful Ann Marie, I love the effect it looks great with using lace and I really like the way you've used the rosebuds to craft her a bouquet too. Sometimes it's fun to do stuff off the cuff with no planning, though I'd admit it can induce mild panic at times! Have a great day :) xx

Cammie said...

Such a gorgeous piece...I want to come over again and sit in your crat corner and watch the explosion of creativity happen!! such fun <3

Anonymous said...

This card is so gorgeous and nostalgic....I want to come over again and sit in your craft room and watch the explosion of creativity happen!!!! I had so much fun yesterday winging it!!! <3

Jóna said...

Very beautiful !

carol said...

ooh fab design and beautiful card,thanks for sharing x carol CRAFT DT

Broni said...

Wow! What a gorgeous wedding dress!!! Thanks for joining us for the Flourishes Fussy Cutting challenge!

julieprice3 said...

WOW! This is awesome, love the gorgeous lace dress, so pretty
Hugs Julie P

Tracy said...

This is just stunning Ann Marie! Your plan worked out brilliantly. That dress is just scrumptious. Bravo my friend! Hugs!

Ribbon Girl said...

Hello Ann Marie - wow, fabulous card, love the dress! and a great way to use up scraps of lace! Thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl October Colour Challenge, Mary x

Mojca said...

Waw totally stunning! hugs! MOjca

Kay Wallace said...

This is certainly a million dollar make for the Stampotique challenge this week, Ann Marie! Just absolutely beautiful!

Kaz said...

What a beautiful way to embellish the image. Thanks for linking it to the challenge at Stampotique this week.

Eulanda said...

This is just gorgeous!! I have to do 2 grad cards for next year and I'm thinking this idea would just be perfect so I hope you don't mind if I case you!! :) Hugs!

Shirley said...

Oh my goodness Ann Marie. Your card is amazing. I have the exact same stamp lurking in the depths of an over stashed craft room.You have given me some great inspiration and I am sure my stamp will be dusted off and put to use again.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Penny Black and More.
Good luck in our prize draw and we hope you will join us again next month when we will have more craft goodies up for grabs.

Shirley

dutchstamptramp said...

Thia is amazing! So delicate. Thanks for joining the stampotique DC

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card and so different - love it.
Thank you for joining the Penny Black & More @ Allsorts Anything Goes challenge and good luck x Susan x

n1sunrider said...

Beautifully created! I love it!!
Ivette

Krafty Kows said...

Amazing. Great card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT this week. Jeanette

france papillon said...

scrapping haute couture! well done!
thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer challenge :)))
xx
france

Jacqueline said...

Elegant and romantic. Just beautiful!
Thanks for joining the Paper Crafting Journey.

Hugs, Jacqueline

Trimgym said...

Gorgeous creation Ann Marie!

Love,

Jo

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! I saw your card on A Creative Romance and just had to pop over and say how much I like it. It's totally awesome.
I could really see this as a beautiful keepsake, in one of those deep frames.
Caroline xxx

Shirley Chillman said...

Just having a mooch and catching up after being away Ann Marie. So glad I did because this is just simply divine. Wish I had a sister to drop by and give me a nudge. Great creativity and well worth the craft room being a bit messy.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

SusanLotus said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!
<3

Vicky said...

WOW...........this is absolutely gorgeous & sooooooooo beautiful & stunning. You are a talented lady hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Gail said...

Beautiful creation! Congratulations on your win at CRAFT - as star of the month - I just saw it posted - enjoy your week!

cass said...

Stunning project

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...