Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Faith of a Bird- Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge

   Good Morning and Happy Saturday...hope this post finds you well.  A couple of weeks ago, I was asked to be a guest designer for a challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow.  I love their challenges and the design team is always an inspiration with their gorgous creations. The challenges feature shabby chic and vintage cards on all sort of themes.. the one that I am participating in is "Birds or Bird Nests".

  I love birds. I have several feeders in my backyard and I position them so I can see them indoors or out from my patio door in our main living room... I just love to see all the different bird that come and visit.  For two years, we had robin's nests in our yard and we actually watched the eggs hatch and the robins eventually fly out along with Mama, and just like this sentiment, they do it knowing they can fly!   So neat...

   Since my "birds and bird's nest challenge" card also had to have a vintage or shabby chic style,  I decided not to color an image of a bird, but decided instead to use a sentiment and silhouette image as my focal point. I purchased this digital set from from Create with TLC/Artfire and it features two images and three sentiments!  It is called "Faith of a Bird Vintage Image and Word Art ". Now I decided to make the silhouette of the bird on a branch image "transparent" yet visible, and then have the sentiment appear stamped over it.  To achieve that look, I simply copied and pasted the bird on branch image into a Word document, and sized it.  Then under "format" I selected "recolor" and then "transparent".  It immediately faded the silhouette image which is just what I wanted. Then I copied and pasted the sentiment and placed it over the image and sized it to my liking. Since they are "png files", you can be creative with merging the images and sentiment. I printed it out on heavy weight ivory cardstock. I apologize if the photo does not capture the silhouette as much as it appears in person.
    The design papers are from Pion. I tore the edges, then distressed them with my Zutter tool and Vintage Photo distress ink.  I also sanded the edges of the green cardstock (thanks Fleur) for a more distressed look. That gorgeous lace and shabby seam binding are from Live and Love Crafts.  I added three pearls (birds eggs??) on top of the ribbon. I stamped a script image on my canvas bird and attached to the design paper along with a metal corner from LLC.  Last, the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.. I did do a bit of stitching here but I must say that my machine did not like the thick Kraft cardstock and the feed dogs were working overtime, so next time I won't be testing this sewing machine with thick cardstock!  I think I may invest in a less expensive machine for sewing on paper.

   Thanks so much for stopping by.  Why not visit Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog and see what the design team has created.  I promise you will be ooh-ing and ahhh-ing at the lovely vintage creations..why not join this challenge as well?  I am sure the girls would love to see your creations! Have a great weekend and, as always, thank you for your kind comments!

Challenges I will be entering:
365 Cards- Vintage with Lace
Crafty Ribbons- Anything Goes with Ribbon #66
Sisterhood of Crafters- Anything Goes
Natalie and Amy's Challenge- Shabby Chic
Bunny Zoe's Crafts- Ribbon or Lace
Craft your Passion- Embossing #184
Crafty Cardmakers- Shabby Chic
Ooh La La Creations- Things with Wings
Craft Room Challenge- Our Feathered Friends
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday- Burlap or Canvas
Inky Chics- Favorite Sentiment
Daring Cardmakers-Digital
The Hobby House- Roses



30 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Wath a beautiful and lovely card.
Great sentiment too.
Gr Elly

Tracy said...

This is a delight Ann Marie! I just love the canvas bird and the way you used the images. You always find wonderful ways to use those gorgeous trims. Just beautiful!! Hugs!

Meggymay said...

An absolutely gorgeous card, with so many wonderful details. Its good to see you with us at SCH this week.
Yvonne

Ginger said...

BEAUTIFUL card AnnMarie. Love the image and the sentiment and the gorgeous lace.
Love how you used the digital and gave it such a wonderful printed canvas look.

Mojca said...

Waw it's just gorgeous! hugs! MOjca

Sharon said...

Ann Marie, this is stunning. The sentiment is fabulous and I love the beautiful embellishments.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs Sharon. x

Denise Goeldner said...

Gorgeous card love the embossed sentiment, thanks for joining us over at CYP ~ Denise DT

Dots Dabbles said...

Hi Ann Marie. I love how you have used the digital images and made them come alive...the faded bird looks brilliant under the sentiment. Yes, it does look like three eggs lol.
Dot x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Elise said...

Oooh wow, thi sis simply STUNNING! Love your design and details .. it's FABULOUS! A big Congratulations on your GD spot!! You ROCK!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Shirley Chillman said...

My type of card Ann Marie especially the colour combo and the vintage lace is sooo pretty.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Ciska said...

Gorgeous card, great scene and a lovely bird. Thank you for sharing your project with us @ Ooh La La :)

Cathi ONeill said...

Gorgeous card Anne Marie, love the stamped sentiment and all your beautiful details. So glad you are guesting with us!!

Sanja Grdinić said...

Beautiful card! Love the sentiment, arrangement, lace and flowers...
Have a great Sunday!

Patti P. said...

Anne Marie, thanks again for joining the gang at SCH this week, your card is such a gorgeous example for the challenge.
So many things that I love about your card, so to save time...just a few mentioned:
The burlap bird with script-love!
The silhouette behind the sentiment-I love playing and merging with digitals
Your papers and ribbons-such a lovely LO design.
and not least, your wonderful post with such clear directions.
So happy to visit your beautiful blog.
hugs....enjoy your week. Patti

Katie Sims said...

This is stunning! I love all of your beautifully shabby layers and sweet canvas bird accent! I can't get over all of the detail in your project! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

Lin said...

Oh my word, this is proper stunning!

So many beautiful little touches. I particularly like the shabby ribbon

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

Zoe Sanderson said...

Lovely vintage card with some gorgeous embellishments. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

craftybunny said...

Beautifully detailed creation.Just love the muted tones,they suit this vintage style card well.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

SusanLotus said...

Your cards are so beautiful!
I haven´t been bloghoping alot lately so now it´s time for me to take a new tour on your pages. ;)

I wish you a wonderful fall week full of creativity and joy!

Regards
Susan

Kate at the Hobby House said...

totally gorgeous and love all the detailing, thanks for joining us at the Hobby House challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Chan BBChan said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Betty

Julie Reed said...

Beautiful I love the ribbon and the flowers you have used here, it all looks very elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at CCM. Jules DT:)

hazel said...

A stunning creation, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Gretha said...

A beautiful card Ann Marie, love all the details
Thanks for joining the Crafty Ribbons Challenge
x Gretha

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Beautiful card with so lovely and gorgeous embellishments.
Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge, welcome again;-))m

Tracey Murphy said...

A stunning card, Ann Marie! I love your gorgeous layout, wonderful sentiment and beautiful embellishments!
Thank you for joining us at the Hobby House and Good Luck!
xx

Michelle J M said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with us at the Ooh La La Challenge. Great shape and super sentiment. Michelle x DT

Sоnia said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining Crafty Cardmakers' challenge.

Kim. said...

Oh my this is absolutely gorgeous, love the detail and this is the kind of shabby chic I really like. Thanks for sharing with us this month at Natalie & Amy's Challenge.
Kim xXx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...