I really want to begin by saying how grateful I am to the ladies I have met in blog land who willingly share ideas and take the time to teach me what they know whether through emails back and forth or via facebook... I also want to thank my sister who, during her visit today, decided we should try something "new".
Cut to today. My sister came over to visit and I showed her the picture of this card. I told her how I wanted to try to do a similar card, but I did not have the silhouette image. I looked through my stash of stamps and recalled that I had a Stampendous Bride and Groom wood mounted stamp that might work. Here is a pic of the stamp I used...
It wasn't a "side view"silhouette image, but with my sister's prompting, and with NO plan of what I would use, (which is sooo not me) we decided to give it a try. Out came boxes of lace and tulle, flowers and glue.. it looked like my craft room blew up! So, here is my first attempt at using lace to embellish a stamped image.
I stamped the image on Make it Colour cardstock. I colored the groom with copic markers and distressed the bodice of the bride with distress ink. I cut around the outside of the image. Then I used half inch lace from The Ribbon Girls and twisted and ruffled as I glued in place. I cut the lace in strips and did one layer at a time rather than work with one long piece. I began at the bottom and worked my way up. On the final piece, I threaded the lace through the Diamante Buckle Slider, also from The Ribbon Girls, and tucked under the edges of the lace and glued in place. I embellished the lace with small pearls. Another idea would be to add a teeny tiny bow with my shabby seam binding, if I can learn to tie one!
All three design papers are from one 6x6 page of Pion's "For Father"- a fab blend of brownish gray (from Live and Love Crafts) that can only be perfectly matched and matted by a one-of-a-kind cardstock color "Smokey Shadow" by Papertrey Ink. I love the clock faces that are in the design paper as it went so well with the Just Rite stamped sentiment.Since I cut away the hangers from the stamped image, and because this is a "metal" challenge, I added Tim Holtz metal hangers that were "frantaged" behind the image and a metal corner. The final touches were crystals, pearl and tiny light and dark pink roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Thank you for hanging in there and reading all the way to the end of this long post! I look forward to trying this again, but next time with all my materials in place first- LOL! Why not hop over the A Creative Romance challenge blog and see what the rest of the design team has created, and then put your pedal to the metal (had to say it) and join us! Have a great weekend, and, as always, thank you for leaving a kind comment.
I will be entering the following challenges: