Friday, January 31, 2014

Vintage Love- A Creative Romance Challenge

     Happy Friday!  Wow, it seems like forever since I last posted for A Creative Romance Challenge!  My teammates are the absolute best having given me a bit of a break after the holidays and with trying to train a new puppy who has reminded me what sleep deprivation is all about- LOL!  It's all good and I am back on schedule!
     The Chic Crafters have selected "Show us Some Love" as their theme for this two week challenge.  Projects can be a valentine theme, or a romantic card...just something that expresses love!  Easy, right?

      For my card, I decided to work with a free vintage image that I have on my Vintage Photos Pinterest Board HERE.  I save the image to my desktop, open it with Photoshop, resize it and place it in an oval shape with the shape tool.  Last, I print the image on Stamping Linen by Joy Crafts with my color inkjet printer. I have used this product before so you can have a peek at other images printed on linen HERE and HERE.
 
       The design paper is from a 12 inch distressed paper pad that I just love for its brown and deep burgundy shades.  It is by Heartfelt Creations and it is called Timeless Amour.  If you have time, check out the beautiful creations HERE made from this paper pad.. truly unique colors and textures- and it is double sided, too.  The edges of the dp are distressed with the Zutter tool and then inked up with Walnut Stain and Aged Mahogany.  The image is mounted on a Sizzix Ornate Oval Thinlits die.  The gorgeous lace border and pearl lace are from Live and Love Crafts. I honestly do not know where I got the brown silk rose or that gorgeous rhinestone button.It came in a set of about 6 buttons like it.  I rarely keep the things I buy in their original packages and so I just can't place it.  The metal shank cannot be cut off as it is a sturdy button, so I just glued it to the beautiful shabby rose.

      I just loved this sentiment. It is computer generated and I found it online. I thought it matched the image perfectly!The sentiment is printed on one of a sheet of tags that come in the paper pad.  The word "LOVE" below also comes from the paper pad. I cut apart the letters, distressed with Walnut Stain and attached to the card. The little lock and key on the left of the image is from Melissa Frances.  The wooden clock embellishment is from Prima.

      Why not hop over to see what the Chic Crafters created to inspire you.  We would LOVE to see your projects in this challenge.  We are sponsored by the Lovely Ribbon Girl with a lush voucher for one lucky winner.

 Have a great day, and thank you for your kind comments!  This card is available for purchase in my ETSY Shop...

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:
Aud's Sentiments Challenge- Sharing the Love
 My Heart Pieces- Love is Life
Divas by Design- Vintage with Lace
 Glitter and Sparkle- Bling it Up

The Squirrel and the Fox- Use Embellishments
Fussy and Fancy- Vintage
Oozak- Anything Goes - Love
Sugar Creek Hollow- Fibres & Texture
House of Cards- Classic and Elegant
 Sweet Pea Stampers- Valentines/Love

20 comments:

Mynnette said...

OH so pretty!!! LOVE that fabulous fabric bloom and your image is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at HOC! HUGS and happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

Vannessa said...

This is just stunning! Love that huge fabric flower too! Thank you for joining us at the House of Cards Challenge this week.

Hugs, Vannessa
HOC DT

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I love the image. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers.

Buttons said...

Gutted Anne Marie! This is absolutely gorgeous and screams love in a very vintage style. Unfortunately we do clearly state at the Frilly and Funkie challenge blog that you can enter up to 10 challenges, and as you've entered 12 we won't be able to put you forward to the prize draw with this one. Please do come back and share another of your creations with us to fit this theme so you can be included. Jenny x

Sylvia Meppen-Rentenaar said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card. I love the sentiment poem. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and hope to see you again soon. Sylvia, DT-member

Donna Nuce said...

Beautiful vintage card. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards challenge blog. Have a great day.

DesignerDiva said...

Ann Marie your card is just beautiful and that sentiment - oh god I love it!!!
Fabulous fabulous creation
Hugs Laurie xx

Holly Hughes said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful creation! Love the pearls and that gorgeous lace! Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter N Sparkle.

Tammy said...

WOW Ann Marie, this is absolutely stunning!! I love that vintage image and your gorgeous details, what an awesome quote too! Thanks for joining us at HOC! ps... fabulous selection of vintage photos on your Pinterest Board!
Hugs, Tammy

Tracy said...

Exquisite! I just love the texture of that linen paper. You have a wonderful knack for picking beautiful embellishments. Hugs!

Hazel said...

Beautifully vintage. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for the Sweet Pea Stampers 'Valentine's Day/Love' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

stampqueen said...

Incredibly elegant and beautiful card - love all the vintage details!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stamps and good luck in the drawing!!!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous vintage card you have made here. It fits our challenge this fortnight of “Valentine’s day/love”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

Sarah-Jane said...

Wow! Simply stunning. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

Taniaj Scott said...

Lovely card ,great image, thank you for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox with our Embellishment challenge Hugs Tania (DT)xx

Kreatussa said...

Beautiful ! Love your colors and design!

Liv

Http://Kreatussa/blogspot.no

Moira Gray said...

Beautiful love the vintage feel xx

julieprice3 said...

A stunning vintage creation
Hugs Julie P

Irish Cherokee said...

I am not a card maker but love to color. My dear wife uses many of my colored images. Love vintage. That said your card is beautiful to say the least. Excellent.

1CardCreator said...

This is gorgeous, I love the whole romantic feel you created to go with the image! ~Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...