Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"I can't go back to yesterday..." 7 Kids College Fund Challenge

    Good Morning. So happy to share my design team post for another great "Anything Goes" challenge at 7 Kids College Fund.

     Before I share my card, I wanted to also share that I attended my niece's wedding on Saturday and it was just so much fun!  You know we have been hammered with snow, ice and sleet for weeks here in New York, and there was a lot of anxiety about the wedding and weather. Well, we were so lucky as last weekend was as close to Springtime as we have had in months and Mother Nature gave us a beautifully sunny, warm and snow-free weekend to celebrate... before plunging down to the 20 degree mark as I write this! 
    I did leave my only camera on the table at the reception, so you must forgive my pics here as I took them with my iphone.  I had to then email them to my desktop and then open them up to edit!  They are a bit dark but I think the iphone did a decent job!  Well on to my card...
    I selected Saturated Canary "Alice" by Krista Smith. Tab carries all the new Saturated Canary rubber stamps at the store!  She was so much fun to color!  Now, this is my first real public showing of my efforts with Copics and Polychromos Pencils.  I have been wanting to play with them for weeks and after working on this image with copics (B97,95,93,91 and B39), I finally broke out the pencils and had a try by laying down color over the copics (Pencils ALWAYS OVER copics).  I really like the Polychromos...Thank you Delphine for answering my many questions before I bought them!  If you think these aren't as vibrant as you see below, check out Delphine's blog and you will be blown away by her work and how incredible these pencils can be to work with!  I can't wait to practice some more! Besides being so vibrant, they are smooth as butter to lay down.  I used Light and Dark Phthalo Blue and Dark Indigo for some shading on her dress, shoes and bow.
     "Alice" is colored on Make it Colour cardstock. I cut out the image with Spellbinder Ovals and Decorative Ovals. The design paper is from Lili of the Valley- 8x8 "Petal Fresh". The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I cannot tell you where I got the lace as I store all lace in a special box and do not label each piece. The sentiment is computer generated after searching for an apt quote from Alice in Wonderland. I just love this quote, so true!  Last, her bow apron and sash got a dose of Deco Art Glamour Dust. (I can't believe how I missed that little white heart stuck to her apron... it must have gotten on there from some die cut heart"debris" on my craft table left over from Valentine's Day projects! I never saw it till I took the pics...Anyway, it is stuck on there now!
       Thanks so much for stopping by. Please pop over to the 7 Kids Challenge Fund Design Team blog to get some  inspiration from my teammates' fabulous creations. We would love to see your projects!
      Remember, to be eligible to win the $20 gift certificate or Top 3 badge, you must use a stamped image from the store.  Good Luck!

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:
 Deep Ocean Challenges- Just for a Girl
 Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes/Use Flowers
Marker Pop Challenge - Anything Goes
 Through the Purple Haze Challenge- Use Pencils Drawing or Coloring
Glitter and Sparkle- Bright Funky Colors
Fantasy Stampers- Bingo- Blue, Flowers, Pearls
Inkspirational Challenge- Bingo- Pearls, Lace, Flowers
Sparkles Forum- Ribbon/Lace, Hearts and Pearls




20 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is just so beautifully coloured and designed. Love the colours and pretty flowers.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

fiona henderson said...

This is most certainly a WOW card.....love it every bit of it..

fiona DT
TTPH

Jacqui's Crafts said...

lovely card so sweet.. thanks for joining us at TTPH

Jacqui DT

JayBe said...

A beautiful card design, Ann Marie and your colouring is fab. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers for our Bingo challenge.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

julieprice3 said...

Beautifully coloured, so very sweet
Hugs Julie P

Shirley Chillman said...

She looks amazing Ann Marie superb colouring as usual and the surrounding elements of the card are gorgeous.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Fabulous floral card - ty for joining us at CFTH - very good luck x

verybellemakes said...

Beautiful card, the blue is so eye-catching! Thank you for joining the Crafting From The Heart Challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

Victoria DT

Kandy's Krafts said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at CFTH Challenge. Good Luck.

Amy A said...

This is so whimsical and pretty! Your coloring is stunning and I love all your color palette and design elements. Well done! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Challenges this month & good luck!

Amy~DT

Darcy Schroeder said...

Your card is just stunning! I have never thought to use pencils in addition to copics.Something I'm definitely going to try. I love learning new things..... Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.
Darcy

Kelly Neis said...

Beautiful card and the tones of blues are so pretty. I love the sentiment you used, so true!
Hugs Kelly

Tracy said...

Lots of wonderful layers of yuminess Ann Marie. Great job with the pencils and genius with the sentiment. Hugs!

lindyloo said...

super cute x
thank you for joining us at glitter n sparkle
lindyloo dt x

Meighan Wheller said...

Beautiful card Ann Marie. Love the image and all the wonderful flowers. Lovely work. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational. Meighan DT

Paper Tails said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors.

Karen

Anita Blake said...

great idea using pencils over copics. a lot of people do that and its a great idea. Lovely card and i do so love the image..Thanks for joining us this week with our oolour with pencil challenge at Through The Purple Haze Challenges ....Anita DT xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

What an adorable card! Your colouring is beautiful. Thank you for joining our Bright, Funky Colours challenge at Glitter n Sparkle. Wishing you the best of luck in the draw!

We have a new challenge starting tomorrow - I hope you come back and join us again!

KT Fit Kitty
Glitter n Sparkle DT

Lucy Gregg said...

Amazing colouring and a really beautiful card.

Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

Lucy DT x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love your colouring and all the details you've added.

Thanks for joining us at Sparkles.

Helen N x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...