Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Blessing

       Happy Monday! Just wanted to post an Easter commission project I just finished for a friend of my Mom.  She asked if I could create an Easter image for her, but encase it in a frame. I had been playing with the idea of shadowboxes ever since I made the engagement gift for the granddaughter of another friend of my Mom, and so when asked, I knew I would use a shadowbox again. Part of the reason is that the flowers and other embellies would get crushed in a standard picture frame, so the depth of these boxes work out perfectly. The other reason is that they are such fun to work with and are a nice alternative to a card!
      
The shadowbox is 8x8. I made my standard 6 inch square design, and then mounted it on another coordinating piece of 8x8 design paper.  The image is a digital image by Sara Burrier called "Dusk" which is sold at Crafts and Me. While I have colored her several times before and for different reasons, I knew this angel with her bunnies would be perfect for Easter!
     Here is another view outside of the frame as it is difficult to get a clear photo through the frame glass...
       The floral design papers behind the image are from Whimsy's "Purple Cottage Charms". I mounted them on DCWV Pastel cardstock(light green) and Tim Holtz Coredinations cardstock (lilac). The large 8x8 piece is from LOTV's "Timeless Victorian" 8x8 paper pad.  Both of these paper pads are among my favorites!  All papers were distressed using Brushed Corduroy distress ink. Last but not least, the die cut is from Marianne Creatable, flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, gorgeous lace and lilac Shabby Seam Binding from Live and Love Crafts and sentiment from Create with TLC. 
     A close up...
      I added an angel charm which was silver, but I embossed it with white pigment ink and Stampendous Shabby White Frantage.
Have a great day and Happy Passover to those celebrating tonight.  If I do not get to post again before Easter, I wish everyone a blessed day next Sunday.  xxx

I will be entering this project in the following challenges:
Dream Valley- Easter
Sentimental Sundays- Embossing
Crafty Calendar- Things with Wings
Sugar Creek Hollow- Easter
 Cute Card Thursday- Easter





7 comments:

Chasing the Dream said...

Wonderful card the image is simply striking. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Sentimental Sundays. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
sentimentalsundays.

lizzidroege said...

so beautiful....love this...lizzi sch

Tracy said...

I adore those Sara Burrier angels. You've colored her beautifully and have created another stunning shadow box Ann Marie. Have a blessed Easter! Hugs!

Nathalie said...

So gorgeous easter card. Fab colouring. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley challenge.
Nathalie

Cathi ONeill said...

Absolutely stunning shadowbox, beautiful image and flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!!

Alljazzed2create said...

This is a lovely card. Thank you for joining us over at Sentimental Sundays..

DT Pam

Amelia said...

This shadowbox is so beautiful in every way. Stunning image, colour and design detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...