Wednesday, May 14, 2014

You and Me- Anniversary Shadowbox

     Spring has arrived and I have loved each and every day the past week!  Loving planting flowers and just being outdoors.  I am stopping by to share a 25th Wedding Anniversary Shadowbox that I was commissioned to make.  I am loving making these 8x8 shadow boxes.  As you know, the 25th anniversary is a "silver" one so I was asked to work with those gray, black and white colors.  For my image, I selected a truly versatile digital stamp called "You and Me" by Tiddly Inks. Because I had to get this gift to the recipient by this afternoon, I took these pics with my Iphone. I think you can still see all the details!.
  My image is colored with copic markers- C1 and C3 and Colorless Blender for her dress and W7, 5, 3 and 1 for his suit. The dress is embellished with lots of Decor Art Glamour Dust.  (Had a bit of a "gunking" issue with the E's used for the hair and skin but I cleaned off the nibs more frequently to prevent the blobs and shine that can come with using them a lot.)  I stamped some floral images from Stempeglede off the edges of the image with Pumice Stone distress ink and also distressed the edges of all the papers and images with it.
     I began with a white 8x8 Shadowbox that I purchased at Joanns.  Next, I had a hard time finding any design paper in paper pad format with the colors I needed, so once again, I turned to the fabulous Rasberry Road Designs and got an immediate digital paper pad download of their Happily Ever After Paper Set (while you may not see it in this picture, has delicate script and faded doilies throughout) and the Happy Anniversary Paper Set (Word Collage design paper).  I love the word art paper with all the phrases associated with love and marriage!  Each paper set has coordinating paper, label and embellishments to go with them so do check them out!
Digital Paper Tip:  If you are worried about what paper to use to print out these digi papers, let me share what I do and a tip someone in blogland shared. I will either use digital cardstock (sold at Craftworks) or HP Brochure paper. The cool tip I read was to use the WHITE BACK of a one-sided piece of design paper that you don't like or won't use. Cut it to the size your printer takes (usually 8.5 x 11 inches) and voila! You have a beautiful design paper and on the paper weight and feel you like with your printed papers. Also you can import these papers into Photoshop to change colors or contrast and size them to your needs.
 

    The beautiful white and taupe roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The white lace and gray rhinestone crochet trim are from Live and Love Crafts.  I computer generated the sentiment as per the recipient's request.  Cheesecloth and pearl embellishments are from my stash.  Here is a close up...

  Thanks so much for stopping by. Wishing you a great week!  Thanks also for your kind comments.  I will be entering this project in the following challenges: 



11 comments:

Ginger said...

This is just Beautiful Ann Marie. They Bride and Groom will Love it.

Susan Hogan said...

A wonderful gift for the married couple. Such depth of detail and color. Love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

Mrs.B said...

Such a beautiful keepsake.
Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
Avril x

happyglitzygirl said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, love everything about it. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde.
PS: We are looking for some more DT member, you should apply

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at CC Challenge. Marlene DT

NanaConnie said...

It's so beautiful, Ann Marie! Loving the lace and the pearls. Thanks so much for joining in on the current Anything Goes challenge at Scribble & Scrap this fortnight and good luck in the draw. I hope we see you again for the next challenge.
NanaConnie

Andie's Space said...

Hi Ann Marie,
This is gorgeous. I love the colour scheme & your wonderful image, with the touch of sparkle on her dress. Fab embellies too. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
Hugs,
Andie x

DesignerDiva said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at Diva's and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

Vicky said...

WOW.......sweetie this is incredibly stunning, I love this image & it looks so beautiful in this frame. A perfect gift that will be treasure for many years. Its stunning!!!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Teresa said...

Stunning card Ann Marie, gorgeous image and so beautifully coloured, I love the papers & pearls too, it's altogether beautiful.
Hugs Teresa xx

Teresa said...

Sorry, Ann Marie, not card Shadowbox, it's fabulous xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...