Friday, July 17, 2015

Here Comes the Bride - Michele R Designs

          Good Morning.  I am stopping by to share a commission card and MR Designs design team project I just finished for a lovely bride-to-be!  I just love love love this Mo Manning "The Other Bride" image. I have had the pleasure of working with her for many projects and it is so much fun color coordinating the image and design papers to match the actual wedding party! You can find Mo's "The Other Bride" HERE in her shop!
     The image is colored with copic markers and I used the "C's" (C0, C1, C3 and colorless blender) to add dimension to her white dress. You can work with pale blues, BV's or the N and T copics to achieve the "white" look you want. There are many tutorials on my Pinterest board on coloring "white".
      On to my card...first up- the "bling" pic.. yes, love to play with my camera to capture the sparkle on a card like this!

And here is a close up. I used a glue pen on her veil, flowers, bottom of dress and headpiece and added some "Glamour Dust" to those areas to make her shine!
      Speaking of design paper ... How wonderfully ironic that the colors of the bridal party for whom I created this card matched the new Michele R Designs "Romantic Shabby Chic" collection just released. I used several of the 6x6 inch papers and then the inserts for inside my card (see pics below). There are also two other coordinating collections, "12x12" and "Elements" which feature sentiments, bows, and other paper add ons to complete your project!
     My favorite paper from this collection is the 6x6 paper that has these lacey borders you can see behind my image above and in the "work in progress" pic below. I cut one out (there are three on a sheet), edged it (along with all the papers) with Black Soot and the new Hickory Smoke Distress Inks and placed it over my lace.  Last, I added Wild Orchid Crafts and Recollections flowers, pearls, a doily die cut (Cheery Lynn Designs) and a vintage rhinestone button over white ribbon to embellish my bride.
    Here is one of the "inserts" that I used for inside my card. I added a text sentiment that was requested using my photo editing software - just open up the file, click "add text" and add in the font you want. Makes creating the inside of the card so easy and elegant!

Decisions, decisions....
 

 "Romantic Shabby Chic" 6x6
"Romantic Shabby Chic" Inserts.

     Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments. I will be entering this card in the following challenges:





10 comments:

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Stunning card !
Thanks for joining us at Creative craft Cottage Challenges and Good Luck !
Maryvonne DT Member

Gitte said...

Beautiful card.

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so beautiful, I like the image and the colours, Thank you for joining in with us at Scrap & Craft Challenge, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Anet van Zyl said...

Gorgeous card Ann Marie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

Helen said...

Beautiful - such an elegant card.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage.

Helen x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow! What a stunning creation. So beautiful and with so many lovely details and elements in your design.
Lorraine

Andrea said...

Stunning card, with such detail....Congratulations on being a winner at Creative Craft Cottage, so deserved....

Andrea... P.S I'm your newest follower

Penny said...

What a spectacular card! Wonderful coloring and details--I love this! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Lena_J said...

Stunning card, and the image and coloring is amazing. Loving it :-)
Thank you so much for joining us at Nordsalten hobbyklubb :-)

Astrid said...

Such an elegant wedding card :-)
Love all the details and your fabulous coloring of the image.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Nordsalten Hobbyklubb.
Good Luck :-)

Hugs, Astrid DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...