Monday, February 29, 2016

You Make My Heart Smile

Good Morning! Oh Mondays...they have such a bad reputation LOL! 
 Hoping this post brightens the start of another week and makes your heart smile! 
Today I am sharing my make as a design team member for
MicheleRDesigns using her digital paper collection, "Coral Chic"!
It is such a vintage collection that says "springtime" to me
with beautiful blooms and butterflies and so much fun to work with-
the collection features 6x6 Design Paper, Elements of pretty bows
and tags as well as lovely coordinating inserts to complete the inside of your cards!
You can find this digital collection HERE.
My card features a Ppinkydoll stamp called, "Miko with Flowers".
She is beyond adorable and so much fun to color, which I did with my copics.
Thank you Alyce at Kit and Clowder for offering a great tutorial
 on coloring Pre-Shaded Skin in your Skin and Hair Copic Coloring class.
Also thank you to my friend, Linda Levoir, SWG Designs, for her great tutorial 
on making these shaped cards!!
The lovely sentiment is from Create with TLC.  I think this one was a "freebie" which you 
should check out, but here is a link to all the digital sentiments about a "smile"! 
I used a Spellbinder oval to cut out my image and then layered her onto 
a Gina Marie Pierced Nested Ovals ....You must check out her dies-
 affordable, wide variety, and unique! The cut beautifully too!
  The card is embellished with flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, 
lace and twine from Live and Love Crafts and the velvet ribbon from The Ribbon Girl. 
The porcelain flower in the middle of the Cheery Lynn die cut butterfly was part
 of a set I purchased online.  I added a bit of Stickles to her little bouquet.
All papers were distressed with Ranger's
Brushed Corduroy and Rusty Hinge distress inks.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments. Have a great day! 


4 comments:

Linda Levoir said...

Oh this is too gorgeous, I adore the pretty soft colours and your design is wonderful. I have to 'fess up that I'm not a huge lover of Ppinky images, but honestly the way you coloured this one makes me change my mind, she's just adorable!
So glad the tutorial was useful, I think the question I get asked the most is how I make my shaped cards :) xx

Chasing the Dream said...

What a delightfully sweet card! The colors are amazing and I love your design. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni, DT
audsentimentschallenge.

Gina Knott said...

Oh WOW, this is stunning! I love the image and your gorgeous colouring and design. Thank you for joining us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

Scrappinkar said...

This card is absolutely adorable, Ann Marie! I have never seen any images by Ppinky before, now I have several (including this little cutie) on my list to buy! You colored her so softly and beautifully and I love all of the perfect embellies and the shape!Just perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...