Friday, March 11, 2016

Eggs-tra Pretty- Saturated Canary Easter Card

Woo Hoo and Happy Friday. I am here today to share a card I made just because...love making "just because" cards- this one is just because I loved the image and had to color her up!  She is one of Krista Smith's newest Saturated Canary digital stamp additions called "Eggs-tra Pretty" and you can find her here.

 I was aching for something "spring time" and so I chose bright yellows and complemented them with the beautiful blue greens- all copics.. well almost all. My "hair" copics need a good cleaning and that combined with having a heavy hand when it comes to coloring hair, I had to bring my Polychromos pencils to the rescue! I distressed all edges of the paper with one of the newer Ranger Distress Ink colors- Fossilized Amber.

   I used several Sizzix border dies and Spellbinder die to frame the image as well as Wild Orchid Craft flowers to embellish her. Lace and yellow flower ribbon are from WHS Marketplace.   You really should check out her "shop" as she has so many items that are from Poland and Sweden and now they are right here in the USA where shipping isn't so expensive! I added some pearls and glitter to the bow on her dress and eggs in her basket as well as areas of light on her hair. It is more visible in the pic above.
 The design paper is digital paper from Raspberry Road Designs- such  breathtaking collections! This is from the "Oh So Shabby Collection" and you can find that here.   How beautiful are they!!  Last I embellished my card with ribbon, pearl  on a string and pearl/rhinestone from The Ribbon Girl.   Thanks so much for stopping by and for you kind comments! Have a great weekend!  This card, along with other items I have created, is available in my ETSY shop (see sidebar)!

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

Taylored Expressions - Share the Joy Challenge #26
The Ribbon Girls- Easter or Spring
Deep Ocean Challenge - Easter
Color Throwdown ctd 383- Color Challenge


 

6 comments:

Linda Levoir said...

Love, love, love this card. The golden tones are beautiful and the aqua accents contrast perfectly. I love just because cards also, no pressure helps the mojo flow, and it certainly looks like it's flowing here. Hope you have a wonderful weekend :) xx

Cathy Lee said...

Oh wow! Ann Marie, this is drop dead gorgeous. Love your coloring and beautiful papers for an Easter theme. I'm heading over to check them out. Love this card!
Hugz,
Cath

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous make.Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Girl.
Hugs, Donna xx

Frouwkje said...

Beautiful card Ann Marie!! Love the colours!
xxx Frouwkje

Broni said...

Beautiful coloring and combination of elements! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Kjersti said...

A gorgeous card Ann Marie! Love the colors and your beautiful coloring!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...